Monday, April 30, 2018

Monday - 04/30/2018

I can't remember where I was with my book updates but I've finished a few.....namely these..........
They were all very good and I enjoyed them.  Little House on Rocky Ridge is the first in the series....


and Aunt Dimity Digs In is the 3rd in that series.......... 
I'm still reading these.........I love the Outlander series but after awhile it can be a bit sad and depressing and it is very violent.....not really my style but the story and writing are so good that I have to finish them but I take a rest every once in awhile and read something more upbeat........

 This is a slow boat to China for sure...it was touted as the best book on Irish History and easily readable............by whom?  It assumes a lot....like you are Irish and already know a lot of this.  It seems very disjointed and no rhyme or reason just a factual account and the terminology must be Irish as I have never heard of many of the terms.  So, we shall see....you know how I hate to give up on any book and I think I might be learning a little but I can't really tell.
I started reading this one and then it disappeared.....I had taken it with me to the doctor and it fell off the seat on the way home and I didn't see it until the other day.....I was just getting into it..........

This is a book from my personal library.  I am trying to read from there as much as possible as I have so many books!  This is a non-fiction..........love Alan Alda....I have a feeling I will be laughing  a lot reading this book!
On my Kindle I am reading these 2 books and they are getting most of my attention lately as they are both hard to put down!
This is the first book in this series and I am loving it!  Good story, funny and yet a very good plot too.
I am a closet history and political nerd.....I watch lots of different news programs to get at the meat of what is going on in our country and across the globe.   So,  I had to read this one for sure and next is the James Comey book.  
That's all for this week folks!  Happy Trails!!!



5 comments:

  1. You certainly do have a wide range of reading. There are a few there I have added to my reading list. I am still reading Maggie Sefton mystery series about Kelly Flynn. Only 7 more books to go lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's good! That's the knitting one set in Colorado, correct? I'm not sure I ever finished them...I need to look at the list of their order. Thanks for reminding me.

      Delete
  2. I'd like to read those Little house books...I'll look for them. I'm reading the new book Varina by one of my favorite authors Charles Frazier. (he wrote Cold Mountain) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This article was written by a real thinking writer without a doubt. I agree many of the with the solid points made by the writer. I’ll be back day in and day for further new updates. active guard mattress liners

    ReplyDelete
  4. Share great information about your blog , That’s what I was looking for. I am talking about all topics bundled in this blog. Blog really helpful for me. Thanks for share your blog here.

    Spring cleaning Sydney
    End of lease cleaning inner West

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!