Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Tuesday - Back tracking and more

Here's what I've been reading.........I got this awhile ago and not sure if I actually read it...I am an anglophile...a lover of all things British so I couldn't let this slip through my fingers.....it is a keeper!  I also watched The Crown on Netflix awhile ago which I thoroughly enjoyed and highly recommend.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I finished book #3 of the Aunt Dimity series by Nancy Atherton...love these books!  I need to order more.............
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My non-fiction that I should finish tonight is by far THE BEST nature book I have ever read.....a classic and I have read other books by the Murie's but this one is fantastic....it almost makes me cry that I will never experience what they did......they were, in my mind...the luckiest couple on earth and I think they knew it.  I will be sad tonight when it ends but it will be a keeper to reread many times over.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
   It goes downhill from here............this fiction book is a series on Hulu and I had thought I had read this author before and liked her but this book is horrid.  I will never understand what goes on in the mind of people that write terrible made up stories.  It is awful, gross, depressing and I feel sad for the author and hope she is in therapy.  She must be very unhappy or sick or both.  I will finish it but I can't imagine that I will change my viewpoint. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This one is a step above the Handmaid's tale but still depressing.   Am I the only person on earth that likes happy tales?  It seems the more depraved and depressing the book is the more awards it gets.  My best friend was a psychologist and she said after she retired,  "if you knew how many angry and hate filled people were out there walking around,  you would be afraid to leave your house".  With all the mass shootings and terrorism and horrific things going on in our world.....I think she is spot on!
This book is just plain strange and, like many others, they tend to have no plot.  They just ramble on like the author is having a dream or stream of consciousness.  These are all best sellers so who is buying them and loving them?  Not me.....not the type of book I want to read before I drift off to dreamland.  Your body is what you put in your mouth and your psychology is what you put in your mind.....you need to be "mindful" of both in MHO.  This book still has a chance to redeem itself....we shall see.
 What's on my nightstand for my next readings?  Here are a few.  Walmart had a book sale so the ones with the $5.97 sale tag are ones I picked up there...........
The 2nd book in the Outlander series..............
I am not Catholic by religion but I love this man............and I pray for him like he always asks...........
Duh...I thought this was a new book by Jan Karon but it is the first book in the series.....I  have read all the Mitford series and love them!!!  I will read them again.........soon.  I will check to make sure I  haven't given mine away! LOL!
Now these are books that should be made into a series!  Happy, joyful, surmounting difficulties together through faith in God and each other and a good dose of humor thrown in.....wonderful books!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This one looked and sounded good....about life growing up surrounded by apple orchards.  It is fiction but had good reviews...we shall see. 
I took a quick picture of the lake out my window but through the screen.....there are gale force winds out there today!  Mother Nature is Spring Cleaning! LOL!  Once the leaves are out on the trees I can't see the lake...........there are boat warnings too as you can see how rough it is out there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oh, I almost forgot!  I bought some herbs and Spring bulbs the other day too.......I do love my fresh herbs and every year I add a few flowering bulbs to the yard.....
Happy Spring and Happy Trails!!!




6 comments:

  1. I love the Jan Karon series too and read each one as it is published; you are right, it would make a great TV series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I much prefer happy books too and thought your friends observation was very interesting and unfortunately not very surprising. We have all of the Mitford series books too. Both Dennis and I enjoy reading them.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many people wishing for spring as another snow storm hits them today (my boy in NY included since he has spring break next week). I'm with you on happy books and happy movies. There is enough chaos and depravity in the world and I do not want to read about such evil or see it onscreen. I'll have to keep Two in the Far North in mind for a future read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like happy books too. You are so busy reading I can only read one thing at a time:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sam :)) My turn to catch up! :) Oh...spring...I've planted lettuce in the window with my fingers crossed! Thanks for the book reviews...I'm going to keep an eye out for the Margaret Murie book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are many different options for sending your letters and packages. For example, you could send your documents via email or you could send it through the post office. Click here to know about liteblue

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!