Monday, February 26, 2018

YOP Week #35

"The best laid plans of mice and men" and Sam!  Well, let me tell you.....it seems I temp the fates when I set myself goals.  Maybe that is why I stopped doing it.  But I did get some things done just not what I planned.  Grace got sick again so it's pills and feeding every 2 hours during the day.  I was exhausted yesterday.  I just laid around, sneezed, coughed and yawned all day.  I didn't even wash the dishes.  But I feel like a new woman today so here I am!  This past week we had over 10 inches of rain, flood warnings, severe thunderstorm warnings and tornado warnings.  The weather radio was going off every 10 minutes!  Plus, of course, I had to keep emptying bowls and containers out on my leaky porch and Annie refused to go out in the rain so when I wasn't looking she left me several presents!  It was a trying week to say the least.  Gee, I wonder why I didn't get much crafting done?
But on the bright side, we never lost power so my sump pump kept working PTL!  The tornado dissipated before it got to HSB and I'm not ill I think it's Spring allergies!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FO's ( Finished Objects) - I have 1
I did make myself a dishcloth...the first one will always be a prototype even if there's a pattern which there is.  I'm sure I won't get 52 done like some but I have people I want to make for and I've got gift giving on my mind again!  It's never too early you know!  This is Gramma's Dishcloth Pattern on Ravelry and I've made them before but I have none.....they were all given away! LOL!  I also make mine bigger.  The pattern calls for working the pattern until you have 44 stitches across but I go to 54.  I used Knit Picks Dishie 100% cotton worsted.  I don't think they have this colorway anymore which is a shame as I love it.   
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WIPs (Works in Progress) -
WIP #1
Anyway...here's what I did get done............the first sleeve on my sweater. But I needed to go down to a size 6 DPN's for the cuff.  Now, I had all my supplies when I started this sweater...or so I thought....evidently I mistook my size 9 DPN's for a size 6.....must have read it upside down!  So now I have to order them....and I think it may be the only size I don't have!  Wouldn't you know.
WIP #2 -
 I finished all the star points for the tree topper ornament.......
I went to put it together and even made a drawing as her instructions confused me last time and I don't want to make the same mistake, or any for that matter.  But the weather radio kept going off and I couldn't concentrate so I decided maybe it wasn't a great time to do it.
WIP #3 -
 I didn't even get 2 whole squares done on my CMB!  The light blue and the half of the next one.....sad performance this week.  And deep cleaning?  Forget that one too!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Acquisitions:
There were none this week but there will be by next week I hope!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What's in the Queue -
#1 - Land of Sweets Cowl
I have to get enough mini-skeins to do the different colors.  I'll be starting on this very soon and probably ordering some minis this week
#2 - Some Valentine's Day socks - I'll be on the look out for VD appropriate yarn
#3 - Something for St. Patrick's Day...socks or cowl...not sure.  I think I found a cowl pattern with a Celtic design but I would like socks too!
#4 - Gathering supplies for some scrubbies and some felted slippers I want to make....again...prototypes for gifts later on.  The slippers may the theme this Christmas if they work out for me.
#5 - More washcloths as I have plenty of Dishie worsted cotton
#6 - The next ornament after the star tree topper
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 What I'm "wishing upon a star" for -
#1 - Alicia Paulson's Spring cross stitch design!  (She's on my side bar Posie Gets Cozy)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Advent Calendar:
They won't necessarily be given in this order but just as I accumulate them I will post them here.
#1 - from Little Sheep in the Big Wool - a little notebook that states "Know your own happiness -Jane Austen
#2 - another gift from Little Skein in the Big Wool, a pin in the shape of a " little house" that states "It is the sweet simple things of life which are the real ones after all - Laura Ingalls Wilder"  My daughter and I both love The Little House on the Prairie books and our farm was on Plum Creek (not the same one, I don't think?  It was in Iowa.) but when my daughter was little she thought it was the same creek and took to heart many of the wonderful stories and adventures.  I think it meant even more since she lived on a little farm with a creek.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Podcasts:  OMG, I just found Yarn Hoarder  and I have been binge watching!  She is so funny and delightful and how does she afford all that yarn and have the time for all that knitting?  She's Wonder Woman of the knit scene for sure!  She also home schools...amazing.  I have to catch up this week because she has amazing drawings!  Plus, get this....she's from Illinois (my home state) and she and her family are Chicago Bear's fans and she makes Bear and Cubbie items!  LOVE!!!! We have so much in common!  I must write her!
That's all for this week!  Here I am playing catch up again with blog reading, cooking, reading, crafting and deep cleaning!  But I felt great today and got a lot done.  Tomorrow is Wally World since the rains are coming back on Wednesday.  The grass is green now and I suppose I'll be mowing before you know it! LOL!
Happy Trails!!!

9 comments:

  1. I keep an 'ideas' list...or two! But I don't pressure myself any more. I do things in spurts and get a lot done. Just not always what I set out to do. lol Enjoy your evening! Hope you have some better weather. I know AR has been in the stormy weather news a lot lately! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think if all that rain had been snow. I am so sorry Grace is ill again, poor little thing it is so hard when our animals are sick :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought for sure you watched the yarn hoarder already. That yarn wall of hers fascinates me. She also works almost full time. They own their own publishing business. I don’t know how she gets everyhting done.
    I make lots of those granny’s dishcloth too and make them 50 stitches as I also like them larger. They make a great quick gift.
    Sorry about the needles...I hate when that happens. I’ve done the same thing. Now I write the size in permanent marker and underline the 6 & the 9.
    I’ve been having fun working on my cozy memories blanket. It doesn’t go real fast but it’s relaxing and I seem to want that right now.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy I hope your roof gets fixed soon and sorry your kitty is ill again. Pls take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay... I just got lost on the internet for over an hour after going to find the little "Know your own happiness" notebook (or something similar). An hour later, I ended up ordering a bark deterrent device for our neighbor's obnoxious barking dog. While I didn't find a notebook, I'm glad I finally got around to ordering this device - I'll have to let you know if it works - and I'll thank you if it does. You just never know where a YOP post will lead. Okay... now I'm going to go check out Yarn Hoarder. I surely have another hour before sleep overtakes me. Try to stay dry, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hurray for the sump pump plugging away and hurray for the tornadoes dissipating or moving off! Sorry about the little presents you had to clean up - that's no fun.

    Grandma's Favorite dishcloth really is the most practical pattern, isn't it. I make lots of the Spiral Scrubbie pattern using Red Heart Scrubby Sparkle and they are immensely popular. They never get yucky from damp and they have just the right amount of abrasiveness to scrub non-stick and any other dish surface. It's crochet. They work up fast but are a bit of a boring job. Fun colours though!

    Good thinking to accumulate the advent little gifts as you go. I should do that with stocking stuffers instead of my last minute running around!

    Hope you have a better week! And I hope you have something to get those allergies under control!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh Sam.....you have had quite a week. I am so sorry to hear Grace is icky again. I pray you love and care will cure her this time. I also have a dog that will not go out in the rain (or when it's dark, or if it's windy). We keep a plastic tarp down in one area by his doggie door for such times.

    Lovely gifts you received. That little notebook is adorable as is the pin. But I am a sucker for anything with blank paper inside of it.

    I really need to start watching more podcasts. I have been slacking in that area. I am 20 episodes behind in Knitterarium already. The Yarn Hoarder sounds like fun and I think I will give her a try too. How do you find all these yarn podcasts?

    I think you got quite a bit of crafting done this week. What with a sick kitty, leaky roof, and stubborn dog, I am surprised you weren't falling into bed each night right after dinner!

    I hope you can finally find someone trustworthy to get that roof fixed. It's not like it only rains once every 6 months there.

    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I make the same dishcloths, but larger than 44. Love your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no to kitty being ill again, but yay to you feeling better. As always I'm surprised you have any time for crafting with everything else, but I love the dishcloth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!