Friday, December 15, 2017

Back in the saddle again!

I feel great again!  Whew!  And I am done with the Christmas present making except for a teeny tiny bit of embroidery which I will do tomorrow and then it is wrap and package and get ready to mail.
Last week I received my first Christmas card in the mail (I don't get very many so they are truly appreciated!)  from Betsy...such a  lovely card.....thank you, Betsy....mine will be going out soon I hope!
Then today I got this hand painted card from Rain.........isn't it gorgeous?  I've never had a hand painted card before and I love it!  It is frame worthy!  Thank you, Rain...and Alex too for the sweet wishes....what an awesome gift......that girl is talented with a capital "T"!
I also received this from Diane from Lavender Dreamer...........do you believe it? Right up my alley.....
she knows me so well............I can't wait to go through it and try some of her recipes.  I had no idea one of my favorite authors had a cookbook out!  Thank you so much, Diane!
I am blessed to have so many good friends here in blog land.....truly blessed.  I feel so close to so many of you even though we've never met.....it is one of the highlights of my life and I thank you all!
I did manage to work on my CMB a bit today..........I have a couple more rows done and tonight I'll be weaving in ends as I can only stand so many of them for so long.
I did get the tree up but I can't find the colored bulbs that go on it......they're here someplace!  I was going to get a real tree but they were $38 at Walmart.  I just wanted a little one but they don't seem to sell little ones.  I could go out in the woods and cut one but they are cedar and I'm afraid I would bring in all the ticks that live in them.
  I did pay some bills and do some laundry and I even made a batch of cookies (slice and bake from the refrigerator cookie dough I made last week).  It's really nice for me to have it on hand in the freezer as I can just do a pan at a time.  I'm definitely going to be making more of that type of thing.
We have high fire danger again but hopefully Sunday it is supposed to rain which will make me very happy!
Happy Trails!!!
P.S.  Today is my youngest son's 36th birthday!  I cannot believe it.....I must really be old, I guess, but it seems like it was just yesterday that they were all little.......Happy Birthday Jim!

16 comments:

  1. So glad you are on the mend! Got your cutie pie tree up and even baked cookies. Happy Birthday to your son. I always wonder how I can be old enough to be my kids parent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All I have to do is look in the mirror and then I know I am old enough! LOL!

      Delete
  2. So glad you are on the mend! Got your cutie pie tree up and even baked cookies. Happy Birthday to your son. I always wonder how I can be old enough to be my kids parent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do be vocal about that cookbook. Rain has mad watercolor skills. I love her snowman card to you. We have high fire danger too; I just got the Nixle text.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will let you know for sure when I make something out of that cookbook! I have worried and prayed about all of you out there. I couldn't sleep at night if I saw those flames in the distance. So much loss and heartbreak. Stay safe!

      Delete
  4. Hi Sam :))) I'm so happy you got the card!!! And that you love it! Thanks for your sweet words and to Stefanie too :) I thought a cheerful snowman would brighten your holiday :))

    That book looks great, oh gosh I love getting cookbooks...can never get enough.

    I'm so happy that my friend is feeling better and that you got all of your presents done...that was a lot of pressure, but you must feel so good to have them all made and nearly ready to be shipped! Your little tree is very cute Sam! Geez $38 for a tree is highway robbery I tell ya. We got ours for $20 at a local tree stand and I found THAT expensive!!!

    Happy birthday to Jim! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will share the recipes I try if they're good ones. I'm so happy to be feeling better and have the presents done...what a relief!

      Delete
  5. wow this is most lovely part of the christmas dear Sam!
    how sweet of Rain and other friends to send their love to you in the form of gifts!

    glad that you are enjoying doing baking ,loved your knitting looking great.
    heartiest best wishes for your event to come dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will try and catch up with everyone now that the gifts are done although I still have cards, decorating and baking but it will all be so enjoyable! The best to you and your family!

      Delete
  6. Hmmmm. I thought that I had left a comment yesterday! Anyway, you received some very sweet cards. I love snowman so I think the one that Rain made for you is extra cute. I’m glad you’re feeling so much better my friend and able to do the things you want to do. Rest and take it easy often.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will rest and I am sleeping soundly again so that really helps. You take care also!

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday to your son! Happy "BIRTH" day to you too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Connie....it's funny because I was sick when he was born also....coincidence? We were both in isolation...I had 103 fever and I could not believe that you could be ill and in labor at the same time.....very cruel! LOL!
      It was pretty awful.....could be why he was my last one too....it was a sign! LOL!

      Delete
  8. Glad you are feeling better, and that is so nice to receive such lovely cards and gifts. We are lucky if we get even one card anymore. People just don't mail them any more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I want to get back to the old Christmas's....homemade gifts, not so much money spent, baked goods and long hand written cards....and real trees with handmade ornaments....I'm getting there...slowly but surely. Send me your address at slicher@centurytel.net

      Delete
  9. I'm so glad you got the book and like it! Oh...I was afraid you might already have it! I know you love to cook, I'm sure you'll find some recipes to try! Holiday hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!