Wednesday, October 18, 2017

I've waited for this ALL YEAR LONG!!!!

The weather and temperature is perfect, the sky is so blue it looks unreal and the girls and I are in 7th heaven!  I'm sorry I haven't been visiting much but this is a short lived window I have for getting my outside work done.  Today I put soup in the crock pot and out the door I went.  

A 3rd coat on the shed and it could  use a 4th but that's all for this year!
I mowed....for the last time?
Another pumpkin ripened and is now on the stoop...........
There are a few more.............

The trees are losing their leaves but the color isn't great here...yet..........
but the flowers are going gangbusters.............
The jack-o-lantern is in the window...........although he is much scarier after dark!
 I still need to bring my plants in but it is not freezing at night yet so I threw some Halloween lights out there among them but still need to get my 'harvest decor' on my bench..........
Nitty is really liking the cooler weather....like me...she waits for it all summer............I let her stay out as long as she wants....last night she didn't come in until 9:00 p.m...she loves laying out there on the grass.............
but she hates having her picture taken!  She turns her head every time!
Got her this time!
 Annie, on the other hand, is a little ham!
It seems like we just got done shedding the winter coat and now we're shedding the summer one........See those white spots on Nitty?  That's shedding hair...I can pull it out by the tufts!  I need to brush her tomorrow for sure or it will be all over the house....it is already............
I did get some cleaning/organizing done too............I made a 'pet pantry' in my laundry room.........
All the cat food, dog food, litter, meds and treats in one area!  I just need to get brushes and leashes in here and my 'pet pantry' will be complete!  I really like it because my cupboards couldn't hold it all in one place and I was running out to the garage for things.  One glance now and I can tell what I need to order from Walmart.....yes, I am ordering all my pet food and it is free shipping because it is always over $35 and they really do deliver it in 2 days!  Their Pure Balance dog food was approved by my vet and said if you can't afford Science Diet this is the next best thing!  Who can afford Science Diet?  Not me! 
I really stirred up the dust and leaves today and my eyes are really allergy eyes tonight....so, I'm signing off!
Happy Trails!!!

13 comments:

  1. Hi Sam :)) I LOVE THE PHOTOS OF YOUR GIRLS!!! They are so adorable...those white tufts? Marlene seems to have them year round lol...it's a morning ritual to tug them out of her and she seems to like it lol...I often think she somehow grows them like that on purpose just for the added attention ha ha! Tomorrow is bath day...my back is dreading it, five dogs...oh my.

    Your pumpkins are great!! And those flowers! I'm in envy. Mine are all dying or dead at this point. But the leaves are gorgeous, I love the fall! Our slow cooker is being used more often too now! :)

    I agree...who can afford Science Diet? Ugh. We have no choice but to feed Marlene a special vet diet for her bladder crystals. We are being taken by those vet prices, but what can we do? We've tried so many things and the food actually helps her. So we grudgingly buy it for her. I'm still hoping one day I can afford to feed them a home-cooked diet. I'd much rather know exactly what they are eating. We did that about 2 years ago and they loved it! But then Marlene's bladder...we had to go back to kibble, but now that there are five of them...kibble is the best option.

    Enjoy your soup! :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could bathe my dogs but I just don't have that kind of energy! LOL! Plus, Nitty has dry skin. They don't smell thank goodness! Sometimes they get a bath in the summer in the kiddie pools when my kids are here to help. Nitty is allergic to grains and beef so the Pure Balance in their chicken, salmon and turkey, has been a real life-saver or should I say budget-saver?
      I only have a few more weeks of good weather....rain and lower temps are expected next week although some chores I could do around here in the winter. But I must make hay while the sun shines! Good luck on the 'bath day'!

      Delete
  2. I am soooo jealous. It is still in the high 90's here. I so want the weather to cool off so I can enjoy soup, hot tea, sitting outside to craft, walking the dogs again, etc..
    You have accomplished quite a bit since last you posted. Loving all those flower photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it cools off for you soon too. It's funny with my brick house I have to have the AC on at night and the heat on in the morning! Crazy! It's like a brick oven and by nightfall it has heated up. With all the trees there is no breeze so even with the windows open it is 78 in the house and 68 outside. By morning it is 65 in the house and I have to turn the heat on! Today will be 80 and 48 at night. It's coming to you!

      Delete
  3. Wow, what beautiful photos! Everything looks beautiful at your place! Love all your flowers and garden harvest. That first photo makes me think we're having soup for lunch today too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leigh but it's the first time all summer it has looked nice. It was so hot here these past few months that even with watering the plants seemed to lose heart. They're just now perking up before the frost! LOL! I love the crock pot on days when I know I will be too tired to cook when I come in! I love soups and I could live on soup, bread and salads. I hope you are getting all that you want done at your place too!

      Delete
  4. You sound like you are getting so much done. Your dogs are so cute too. I have started to bring my plants inside. It's been a bit cold here at night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am motivated by all my blogging friends too! Finally, real people that have real lives and real chores! LOL! Enjoying life is all about balance, I think. I'll be bringing my plants in today.

      Delete
  5. Good morning! It seems you have lots of energy. It must be the blue skies! I liked seeing all of your projects and the photos of the girls. Our Chloe always turns her head too when I try to take her picture. We say she's shy. :-)
    We have rain and cold here. A windstorm with winds in excess of 50 mph came through on Tuesday and blew the leaves off of a lot of trees. I'm glad we took a drive on Monday when Dennis was off of work to enjoy the color.
    Don't work too hard my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you got your trip to the border in! Did you go into Canada? I love a good storm but I am grateful for the nice weather to get my work done but we could use some rain....it's awfully dry here.

      Delete
  6. How cute your dog loves to hang outside. Your pumpkins rock!
    I totally understand about you and steak. I never really bought it much but I spoil the 5th grader honestly and we all get to benefit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we do need some protein and even more as we age so maybe I should go get myself a T-Bone! LOL! Maybe that will be my Halloween dinner....oh, and a baked potato with butter , chives, and sour cream and then a nice healthy salad to balance it all out! LOL!

      Delete
  7. Good to see Nitty and Annie! Black dogs suffer so in the heat. You are looking fallish there! ! Your flowers are so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!