Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday, another great day!

I had no internet connection this morning and discovered I wouldn't have one until about 1:30 so.....I decided it was a good time to install my new modem which I did and now all is up and running fine.  I made some dough for apricot foldover cookies that I'll be making tomorrow and Ive been busy, cleaning out, packing a bit and contacting people in my home town to recommend a realtor there.  I plan on moving in September and I'm making a timeline of what I need to do before then.
I received a "care" package the other day from my son and his girlfriend and my grandson Uriah.
No reason whatsoever so it was really a wonderful surprise!  This is what they sent me..........
  a very nice "hoodie" that I won't be wearing for awhile as it's been in the 90's here all week!  But I will definitely be needing it when I go up North!

Some tasty treats.........
and a darling antique jelly jar and needle threader.......they know how I love the "old" stuff!
Thank you so much Uriah, Amanda and Ben!  You are too thoughtful!  
 I'm still reading a few of the same books but a new one too and a new magazine.  I'll have reviews of the finished ones on Monday.......
Gladys Taber's The Stillmeadow Road - so heartwarming and peaceful
I'm learning a lot from this book............
I finished Debbie Macomber's The Shop on Blossom Street so I started reading this one again........
The library doesn't have the 2nd book in the Blossom Street series so I'll have to order it.
And I got another ROL magazine in the mail so I'll be reading that...........
My hydrangeas are really doing great this year with all the rain we've had.  They don't call them hydrangea's for nothing!  That's just 2 stems...they're huge!
 As for crochet.....a few more granny squares added to the stack........
 I got to the first stripe on my Hudson Bay socks..............
 and I'm almost to the middle of Uriah's quilt in hand tyeing........it is hard on my hands though so I can only do about 2 rows at a time.  I think I'm getting some calluses so that should help.  This is the back of the quilt as I had it all folded up.
And last but not least....my little Mr. Peeps ...............
She's got a fat little tummy now and runs around all over the place and then "crashes"......like I'm about to do! LOL!
She's so cute I can hardly stand it!
Happy Trails!











19 comments:

  1. Lovely post today and what a nice care package from your family. Too bad we don't live closer as I have the entire Blossom Street series as well as about 70 of her other books! :-). You would be very welcome to borrow them. Have a lovely weekend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow! I love the knitting ones are the others as good? I DO wish you lived next door! We could get together and have our own little knitting group!

      Delete
  2. A surprise care package is so pampering and nice. I want to read Gladys Tabor, she sounds like an author I would like. I am intrigued by your plan to move in September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's an old author and no longer alive but she wrote about her farm back in the 30's to 50's, I think? Thriftbooks.com might have some of her books.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like your plans are coming together :). Mr. Peeps is just so cute, bet she can't wait to join the rest of the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it is really hard for all of us to keep her on the porch. Everyone except Annie, (not sure why but she is not the least bit interested) takes turns sitting by the window and Nitty even whines and looks at me like why can't we play with her? Tuesday can't come soon enough and so far so good. No signs of distemper which is what I really worry about. We'll have our hands full when she is running around the whole house!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you have a time line! I hope it all works out. What a great care package! I noticed the GS Cookies! You are making progress on all your projects! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep....timeline it is! I'm sick of waiting around...not getting any younger! Today I put actual dates and deadlines for activities to "make it happen". Yes, those were peanut butter and thin mint GS cookies! Yum!
      I may be living in my car up North but I'll be there! LOL!

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful treat the package from your son and his family is! You sound very organised, and as if you are getting plenty done there! Happy weekend.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Helen, if you only knew! LOL! I am trying to get organized but I have way too much "stuff" after all these years. I am making progress though and that's all I care about...moving forward, not backward! LOL!

      Delete
  6. I love fun mail. I love to send it even more. Looks like you are busy as ever, but have some fun projects going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had time to send them something but I have a deadline now and I had best stick to it!

      Delete
  7. Goodness gracious. You do keep busy. All such wonderful ways to keep yourself productive and entertained. That little pipsqueak is adorable! Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is adorable but we'll all have our hands full when she's running around the whole house!

      Delete
  8. Your post is so charming it leaves me wishing I could knit and that hydrangeas grew well here in Utah. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how your family sends you thoughtful care packages. I Googled your cookies. I've never heard nor seen those before. They look yummy! Your hydrangeas are lovely. The stack of hooked squares are terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Paula! Thanks for stopping by. I used You Tube and Very Pink to teach myself to knit. I've only been knitting a few years actually. It was something I always wanted to learn as I already knew how to crochet. Sorry you can't grow hydrangeas there but I'm sure there are other beautiful flowers for sure. Are there any other hydrangea look-alikes that you could grow? Maybe ask your extension office?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there!
    My goodness, what a sweet care package you received :) SO thoughtful of your son and his family.
    You have been busy, busy.... as always.
    So, do you think you are going to buy that cottage that you showed us? I do hope that all turns out for you, just as you'd like it to.
    Staying busy will help the time pass quickly and before you know it, you will be on to new adventures, and living in the place that your heart desires.

    Have a happy week.

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Kerin, it is all out of my hands. I need to do my part and I am boxing up, going through things, getting house ready but the rest of it is up to "you know who"! LOL! I am blessed to be happy and grateful each day!
      Thank you for your positive thoughts that you always send my way! Back at you!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!