Before I had my modem problems and needed to post my YOPs on Sunday I had mentioned a trip to Wal-mart. Not exciting except to me as they are carrying more and more organic and non-GMO and naturally raised foods.
Eggs were one of the first organic products they carried.
I asked the butcher that was out there and he said this was the closest to organic they had at the moment. He also told me about this great sale and that if I froze it gently and then took it out and sliced it before it was too frozen; I could get 7 or 8 center cut pork chops out of it! Deal!
Here's the recipe if you're interested. I got all my flours from Amazon. This was from Martha Stewart's employee's Mother, lest we give Martha any more credit than she deserves. Most dogs have a problem with wheat and my Nitty tends to be very allergic getting a monthly shot and no beef or wheat in her diet. Thus, the search for natural treat recipes.
· 1 1/2 cups oat flour
· 2 1/2 cups quinoa flour
· 3/4 cup flax meal
· 1/2 cup frozen, organic, unsweetened blueberries
· 1/4 cup olive oil
· 1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat or parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients with 1 cup water to form a dough. Roll out mixture between two sheets of plastic wrap to 1/4-inch thick; remove plastic wrap and cut out biscuits with a 3 1/2-inch bone-shaped cookie cutter. Reroll scraps and continue cutting out biscuits.
3. Space biscuits 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes until nicely browned and firm.
4. Transfer biscuits to a wire rack. Turn off oven and place biscuits on wire rack in oven overnight. Remove from oven and store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.