Saturday, November 8, 2014

Too nice to be inside...............

I do apologize for not being around much but this weather is so short-lived and I really have waited all summer for it.  The girls and I took a nice long hike yesterday afternoon.  I tried to blog last night but the pictures were taking so long I finally gave up and went to bed! LOL!

This is the color of the dirt/soil in this part of Arkansas..........rocky and red.........

it was a perfect day for a hike.  We've had several freezes and that morning it was 30 C when I got up but it was 57 when I took this walk.
these would be pretty for some Thanksgiving decor.........I'll have to come back with my pruning shears.........
"there's a fungus among us".................
I also found some wild plums (I think....Connie could you verify?).  Unfortunately, I found them AFTER the freeze but now I know where they are for next year if I'm still here.
Those are my "scouts" out ahead of me..............
Nice view from up here........
it was such a great day and the beauty was awe inspiring everywhere you turned..............
I know this picture is blurred but I was trying to capture a bird flying above and the sun caught it's wing and literally turned it gold............I had to share, blurred or not..........
they were flying high and so was I............
back to civilization.................


I'll be by today to catch up on your week!  See you later!
Happy Trails!




5 comments:

  1. Those are persimmons - they are not good till after a good frost and they turn dark, get soft, and hit the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I agree! when it's nice outside I would rather be out there enjoying it. There will be enough days ahead to be stuck inside. Love the birds flying overhead and the beautiful Fall colors. Enjoy your weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That walk was lovely. I have not been to the trails to walk the woods here, and miss that time. Maybe next year. Until then, I'll enjoy it on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad Sue knows what they are, I was going to say cut one open and see whats inside! Nice walk!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great hike. I like the idea of you marching along with your scouts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!