Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Tomorrow's the big day and I am never ready!

Monday I mowed...the lawn mower guy has yet to call me back after I have left 2 messages so I guess he doesn't need my business.   The guy I called for drywall and to build a ramp for Nitty has not called back. BTW, I have an answering machine and caller id so even if they don't leave a message I know who called and who didn't.  I called the Dr. to cancel my appointment next week and left a message and they still haven't called back....I left a message with my neighbor as he is moving and I have boxes that I was going to throw out but my other neighbor said I should save them for the moving neighbor so I did......he has not called after 3 days and then came over and asked if I had any with clothes rods in them.....really?  He said he doesn't need them now but maybe later.....they were supposed to go in the garbage yesterday but I waited.  Time waits for no man!  They'll be in the garbage next week for sure! 
Yesterday was garbage day and I made my grocery list and went to Wally World...it was a long shopping day reading all the labels and getting lots of food for those growing boys!
I got all the perishables put away and the frig and freezer are "stuffed to the gills"!  I still have this to put away today.  By the time I got home and unloaded everything my knee was hurting so I needed to call it a day and get off my feet.  I think I might have twisted it yesterday while hopping on and off the mower...who knows...at this age it's always something! LOL!
I worked on my cross stitch last night and watched Stitching The High Notes podcast...still playing catch up with her. If you want to get inspired by some cross stitch take a look at Priscilla and Chelsea's podcasts.....they will blow your mind!  Also, if anyone wants this pattern which was free but doesn't seem to be available anymore, I would be more than willing to send you a copy.  It is a great project to get back into cross stitching, if you so desire, and also it only uses 2 colors and is my first project on linen stitching over 2 threads.  It's not as hard as it sounds but I'm glad it is small and not a lot of color changes.....good practice for me!  Me thinks I am liking these smaller projects!
 I also received my new Lykke needles but not the cable yet..........maybe today...........they seem very nice............
I was on Facebook yesterday trying to join a cross stitching group and up popped one of those 'memory' pictures.....it was Miss Peeps and it said 3 years ago.....I thought she was 2 years old....nope....she's 3!  Where did the time go?  No more 'cute kitten'...she's a serious grown up cat now!  In this picture she was starting to doze off when I called her name to take the picture....speaking of dozing off..............I have been dozing off in the middle of my knitting!  What is up with that?  I wake  up and there I am holding my knitting in my hands still! LOL!  Aging is one crazy adventure! 
Remember when people used to go to church on Sunday mornings and then visit in the afternoons?  I decided to replicate that old tradition by writing some type of correspondence on Sunday afternoons........I have some lovely stationary that I have had for years and I do love nice stationary.  I need to use it!  So I wrote a letter to an old friend and will try and make it a habit on Sunday afternoons..........if anyone would like to be a pen pal just let me know!  My email is slicher@centurytel. net      First come first serve as I can only write so many letters on Sunday afternoons...lol!
 Today is change sheets on my bed and guest bed, put the rest of the groceries away, water plants inside and out....it's supposed to be 90 today.  There's laundry, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms and cooking for tomorrow's meal.  I also need to clean the microwave plus about a dozen other things, I'm sure!  I hope you are all well and doing what you love!
Happy Trails!!!



6 comments:

  1. I hate it when you have to wait for phone calls. Hope you get everything done today and get a bit of time to put your feet up before your Grands come:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sundays sometimes (I say sometimes because we can't always go) meet at a family members house for group breakfast, then off to late church service, but we never get home until after 2pm, and by then I'm starving and the entire day is gone. I do like your new tradition of writing a letter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m sorry that you’re not getting call backs, that seems to be a trend these days. Consideration for others is sorely lacking in so many ways. You have been a busy girl my friend. I can’t believe all that you get accomplished in a day. I did the same thing boxes when we moved into this house 15 years ago. A friend of a friend wanted those boxes and please don’t get rid of them. Well, I kept the boxes for three months and finally decided that was it. Off to the recycling center they went. It was four months later that person called and asked if I still had the boxes! Seriously? They wanted me to hold those boxes for seven months? Nope!

    I would love to have a copy of that Crosstitch pattern. I think you have my address or email if not just let me know. Blessings always, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have your address and I will send it off to you...soon, I hope!LOL!

      Delete
  4. Oh Sam, you inspire me. I imagine you're having loads of fun right now with those grandsons. You've given me something to think about in this post. When I was a kid I would occasionally write to my aunts and uncles and when I'd get a letter back from them I'd be so thrilled. I didn't keep it up, but sending and receiving those letters are a sweet memory in my mind. And I had a few penpals (from other countries, even) when I was a preteen and young teen. I know everyone can connect instantly across the globe over the internet, but there is truly something special about a letter or card with our handwritten thoughts scribbled on them. I've been meaning to connect this way with my older sons who are harder to connect with. They may not write back, but I imagine they'd surely enjoy mail once in a while. Thank you for the inspiration to actually give this a go. I need to put it on the calendar if I'm actually going to get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sam :) I'm late getting to you! I wonder if your grands are still visiting! I hope you had a marvelous time. :) I'll send you an email, I think that would be fun, and you know me, I like tradition :) Sunday afternoon letter writing is so cozy and Hygge to me, it suits you very well! I love your cross-stitch!

    That is a HUGE pet peeve for me when people don't get back...it's rude and I generally just move on to the next.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!