Thursday, September 14, 2017

Wednesday and Thursday combined..........

Wednesday is supposed to be decorating and indeed I did but 'the roof boys' came by and my afternoon went by also!  They needed more shingles so I had to try and match with what they brought from the local lumber yard....well.........that wasn't doing it and I was pretty sure my son said they had gone to Lowe's and found them.  By the time they left my afternoon was gone and I was beat since I get up about 2:30 or 3:00 now a days.  So, needless to say...I did not get my blog post done.  But before they came I had painted the rest of the entryway closet alcove............here it is!
 I still have the floor to do.............gray porch paint on the plywood.............
 I also need to paint the shelf which I sort of forgot...why I don't know as it was right next to it!?!?
 So.........there will be more decorating next week for sure!
 Meanwhile....Thursday is cooking day although actually this cooking took place on Sunday and good thing because I had to go to Mountain Home today to match the roof shingles....they are ordering a sample which will be in tomorrow so I have to go again tomorrow!  If it matches then I will order and have to go back and pick up next week!  Crazy huh?  But this is my life! LOL!
But I do have some 'keeper' recipes for you...........this may not look like much but trust me it was/is delicious!  I went back to All Recipes and I had wanted to either make a tortilla soup or some white chili.........I ended up with this white chili recipe because the tortilla soup was an 8 hour crock pot recipe and it was a little late in the day.  I'll be trying that one later.
  To go with it I spotted a Krusteaz cornbread mix at the store and I grabbed it.  I usually don't 'do' mixes but Krusteaz is very good so I thought I would try it and it did not disappoint!  I  used to use Jiffy but then went to making them from scratch but this was heads above both...more expensive yes, but I'm worth it! LOL!
 This was my 'prep' before making it all..............
  Here's the cornbread muffins when they came out of the oven............and they were very good!  Also, see how you actually get 12 full size muffins!  Amazing!
For breakfast this week I made some blueberry muffins to go with my soy yogurt that I eat.  This was another All Recipes recipe.  Now, granted, neither the soup or the blueberry muffins are exactly 'healthy' recipes but dang they were good!  I need to start looking at the 'healthy' section of All Recipes!  By the way, All Recipes has recipes for diabetics, gluten free, healthy and all kinds of other categories so you can really customize your browsing for recipes.  Here are the blueberry muffins

Okay!  So hopefully now I am caught up with my blog schedule..........tomorrow is fun and shopping and I have a bunch to tell you about there! So exciting!  For me anyway! 
Happy Trails!!!

7 comments:

  1. First of all, you exhaust me! No really! You are always so busy. The corn muffins and blueberry muffins and the soup all look delicious. I keep saying I'm going to check out all recipes and then I get busy with other things and forget. Good job on the painting too. I'm looking forward to hearing about your shopping excursions.
    Blessings always, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I don't want to tire you out! LOL! If I don't cook....I don't eat so there is motivation there! LOL! And the painting for that little entryway had been going on for way to long and I'm still not done....I am slow but I am persistent! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to hear about your fun and shopping. Those muffins look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my do those muffins look good. You are one busy busy bee.... hugs, lj

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love keeping up with your D-I-Y progress. I also love to see the pics of ingredients that you use for your fabulous recipes. Those Blueberry Muffins are definitely on my list! Keep up the good work and Happy Weekend to you.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!