Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Still praying for those affected by Sandy.........

I think the concern gave me extra energy and extra appreciation for the simple things in my life....I remember when we had our ice storms here and I went 8 days without power.....I know what those people are going through to some extent and I pray they remain warm, dry and safe.   I haven't been scared too many times in my life but I was then!  All alone, dark, cold, couldn't get out, nothing in the local stores when you did and green wood that wouldn't burn for 8 days.  It was an ordeal at my age and several of the elderly around here didn't make it.
 So today I got busy and did a little more decorating for Halloween..............
I baked some bread.............
did a little needlework................
 and had some REALLY GOOD hot cocoa!  It is Starbuck's Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa......YUM!!!!
I actually got it at Wal-Mart......you go Wal-Mart!
I wish I could be there to help in some way....all I have anymore are prayers and well wishes.  But I know there are other Arkansan's on their way there as I type!  And I KNOW I'm not the only one praying by a long shot....I live in "the Bible Belt" after all!  LOL!
Happy Halloween to all and to all a good night!

2 comments:

  1. My thoughts to are with all who are in the middle of this Hurricane, I watch the news first thing in the morning to see updates.
    Your memory of being blocked off from the world sounds like it was quite an ordeal too.
    Keep those positive thoughts.
    best wishes Julie.C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bread looks so good, making me wish for some tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!