Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Quilt Guild today....so fun and inspiring!


New school clothes!
Aren't these pretty?  See the cherry one in the back and the lady bugs?

One of the gals at guild brought a whole bunch of cockscomb from her garden and you can dry them later and after they're dry you shake them upside down into a little bag and the seeds will fall out and you can plant them the next year.  Anyone want to trade for different colors?  I'd love some orange and yellow ones. 

Here's the rug kit....and no I didn't get that far yet...she gets it started for you...I'll let you know how it goes!  Good way to use up scraps and I think some call them "toothbrush" rugs too and you can use a toothbrush  instead of the wooden needle this kit came with.
Yesterday I spent all day getting ready for guild but I never got my material quilted.  I got it laid out and pinned but that's okay.  There were many who didn't sew their tote bag today either and I have the directions so I can make it at home.  It was so fun though to see what others were working on and had made since our last get-together.  One of my friends had accidentally  taken home a bag of mine from our last "shop hop" trip so I got that today...like a new purchase but it was already paid for!  I also stopped at our local quilt shop to get some thread and she had these little rug kits that a gal in Mountain Home puts together so of course I HAD to pick up one of those!  Plus....I got some new "school clothes"!  I get them even though I am not going back to school but I am constantly learning so I figure that counts.  There's no place to shop here so I buy online and one of my items came today!  It was 95 today so it better cool off so I can wear my new threads!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!