Monday, April 13, 2009


I made my first batch of homemade laundry detergent!!!! I haven't used it yet because I am trying to use up what I have on hand. This recipe gets RAVE reviews on Mary Jane's Farm website so I will include the recipe here for any of you who are interested. It is pennies to use and gets clothes clean plus I use 1/2 cup of white vinegar for softner and my towels have nap and the clothes just FEEL cleaner without all the "gunk" on them.


1 cup of Washing Soda

1 cup of Borax

1 cup of grated Fels Naptha or Kirk's Castile

1/4 cup of Baking Soda


I have a grater on my Kitchenaid mixmaster that grated the Fels Naptha bar soap in no time! But there is a website where you can buy it already grated and where I got most of my supplies: http://www.soapsgoneby.com/

You only use about 1 Tablespoon per laundry load or more if you have especially dirty or greasy clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!