Monday, October 21, 2019

Monday - October 21, 2019.

We had a doozy of a storm early this morning.  There was a tornado watch and it blew my Adirondack chairs over and my heavy rocking chair.  I couldn't sleep so I got up and made a cup of coffee in case the power went out but it didn't.  By the time I was awake it started slowing down...figures... but I just stayed up.  Now, I am tired! 
The pest control guy was coming at 11:00 and it was his first time here so it took 1 1/2 hours.  He saw 'fresh' evidence of mice in the basement so I'm glad I hired them!  And my spider traps all had brown recluse in them.  I had leftover traps from when I had Terminix.  Yes, I am glad to have pest control especially down here where nothing freezes and nothing dies....except whatever I plant. LOL!
My Parmesan garlic bread sticks did not turn out at all.  They didn't rise the 2nd time and baked up like rocks so out they went!  From now on it's King Arthur recipes for baked goods and maybe I'll hire a new gal in the kitchen! LOL!
I did work on Santa Sunday last night.....pay no attention to the yellowing fabric...the camera did that for some reason...........
 Treasures came today!!! From Thrift Books.......just in time for this one as I am about done with Fudge Cupcake Murder..................


Remember all those books you drooled over but couldn't bring yourself to spend the money when they first came out at $27 or more?  Well, how about $3 - $5?  Sound better?  You betcha!
 This one even has embroidery transfers inside............
 I'm working on another Nature's Walk square.........
I've gathered the garbage together and need to get it out to the street and I cleaned the tub and dried and folded a load of clothes.  I unloaded  and loaded the dishwasher, cleaned the sink and washed the dishes, counters and table.   I also brought the salt in from the car and filled the water softner.  I picked up a huge branch that came down from one of my trees in the front but the ghosts are still floating out there thank goodness!
I think I am done for the day and going to put my feet up!  How was your Monday?
Happy Trails!!!



13 comments:

  1. Why are Mondays always so busy? You accomplished quite a bit today. Sorry to hear about your bread stick disaster. I am going to start my sourdough starter tomorrow morning. Hubby and I went grocery shopping today and got all I needed for this weeks menus. Also did 3 loads of laundry but still need to fold the underwear and put it away. I too, am now sitting with my feet up for a while. Going to make the last baby bootie now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go girl! Let me know how your sourdough turns out!

      Delete
  2. You've had a productive Monday! I got to work in the garden. We finally got rain over the weekend so the ground isn't bone dry and hard as a rock anymore. A little late for a fall garden, but maybe I've got an early start for spring, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We finally had rain too and I'm going to try and start my fall garden on my porch....I can water out there, it's windows on 3 sides so plenty of light and it won't freeze but it will be 'chilly' for greens and such....I'm hoping it works!

      Delete
  3. Getting up early sure helps you get a lot done doesn't it? I'm sorry about the bread sticks, especially considering I thought that dough looked so good. It sounds like it was really stormy a lot of places down south last night. I'm glad you didn't have too much damage.
    I got up early and swept the floors and got laundry going. Then I made a quick trip to Costco and spent the rest of the day knitting on a shawl for a friends mom who is in a nursing home. She gets chilly when going to the dining room in her wheelchair so we thought a shawl could be the answer. Tonight was prayer meeting at church so it was a short evening at home.
    Tomorrow I need to go spend the day with Jenny again. PT was pretty rough today and he's not happy with the way she's healing and suggested she call the surgeon tomorrow. I sure hope they didn't mess something up in her surgery!!!
    I haven't felt "right" since my flu shot last Tuesday and have had a strange humming in my ears since Wednesday. I'm seriously rethinking getting any more of those shots.
    Take care Sam and I hope you get to sleep all night long tonight.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor Jenny! I slept like a baby! LOL! The humming could be that ear thing...tintinitis or something like that? I get it once in awhile but it doesn't bother me and never lasts very long. I think the symptoms would still be better than the flu which can kill and does every year. But that's just me! LOL!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monday is one of our busy days, Far Guy goes to Pulmonary Therapy. I made it to the $ store, Walmart and the car wash and then picked him up and we finished shopping at the grocery store...I do not like wally worlds produce. Unpacked groceries had a nap and went to supper at friends...they have fun dog named Buddy. Came home...it was late. Tired today as I am still struggling with that darn flu shot...tired and achy. Go figure.
    So do you suppose it was bad yeast or what with the bread sticks? I hate it when you spend time and $ on food that flops. I just use Gold Medal flour:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure it was the gal in the kitchen! I think she used too hot of water and killed the yeast. Who let her in anyway? You and Betsy and your flu shots....it's not a real virus so you can't get the flu from it unless you got the flu before you got the shot because it takes 10 days for the shot to take affect. I'm so sorry you are sick....that's awful. I guess I just wouldn't take it...Betsy says her ears are ringing....go figure. I am one lucky gal I guess.

      Delete
  6. You have a spam comment...Sally has had a rough go of it by the sounds of her comment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know....it was the best laugh I've had all week....I shouldn't laugh....poor girl!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. satta king
    http://sattakingg.xyz/
    gali chart
    http://playbazar.ind.in/
    satta king result गली हो या देसावर जोड़ी मिलेगी सिंगल कंपनी लाखों लोगों ने ज्वाइन की हुई है जो की काफी सालो से जुड़े है हमारे साथ हर महीने 40 से 50 लाख का प्रॉफिट होता है हमारे भाईयों का

    गेम के लिए अभी WhatApp करें

    Shruti (Director)

    08006340877

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!