Sunday, July 14, 2019

YOP Week #2

                                                        I have a finish!  Wow, if I could only keep this up every week! 
Under the section DOILIES:
This was a great pattern.  I always call it a great pattern if I understand it and don't have any trouble with it....lol!  I'll be making more of these.  I used some leftover pink cotton yarn from Rowan.  But per "the rules".  I now have to dig up a doily WIP and finish before any new doily patterns can be made.   I linked to the pattern in last weeks YOP post....Week #1.

I started the baby kimono but the pattern I had chosen was not clear at all and so I searched for another and found one by Joji Locatelli which was a real surprise because I did not know she had any baby patterns.  I trust her patterns as they are always highly rated but this will be the first one I will have made.  Also, it calls for 2 buttons and buttonholes which I have never done,  So, I think I will knit up a practice swatch and follow a You Tube video I found for knitting buttonholes so I know what I'm doing before I attempt it on the kimono.
The rest of my progress has been on my cross stitch..........
Monthly Monday....I've made progress...........

 Witchy Wednesday........
Fall Friday....Tom Turkey...........

 Stars and Stripes Saturday...............

 Not quite finished with the white row..............

 Santa Sunday.............I was gifted several of the Prairie Schooler Santas.  They come out with a new one every  year.


 And for the days in between...................

Sew She Did by Lori Holt at The Fat Quarter Shop.............I'm outlining so that I can do mindless fill in the blanks cross stitch and watch t.v.

 
 Okay.......is this called stash enhancement?  Not sure but I bought a pattern I have wanted to stitch ever since Donna at Stitching in Doo Dah (podcast) made one similar by the same designer, Caroline Manning.  She has loads of gorgeous patterns and so here it is...............

 This is full coverage and there are 39 squares..............I have 1 and 1/2 done...........I can't put it down!
It's like knitting with self-striping yarn.....you want to see what the next color looks like.....the first square I did the border too just like joining in crochet.  This appeals to me on so many levels.  The symmetry, the colors and their placement, no outlining or special stitches and a design that does not require you  to look back at the pattern every 2 seconds....it's pretty evident what the pattern is after a few squares................
Another reason I am so in love with this pattern is that it gives me a zillion different color combinations that so far I really like but would not have come up with on my own.  I will be using this piece as a starting point for many more projects.  She calls it her Granny's Afghan but not sure if it really is but I love it!  She went from the afghan to developing a cross stitch pattern.  I want to take the cross stitch pattern and make a crocheted afghan using those exact same colors.  I'll match the DMC floss colors to yarn!  It's a long way off but I really want to do it.  This piece has given me so much inspiration....thank you Caroline!

There are 2 things I forgot last week.  Connie reminded me...."no socks?".....how could I forget one of my favorites?  There will be a sock category added and some sock yarn ordered.  Plus, I have a few sock books to dig up.  I also forgot to add some of the resources (besides the obvious Ravelry) that I will be utilizing.........
I rarely buy magazines anymore but I have had real good luck with the Holiday issues and I go back to them time and again. 
this Knit Picks book definitely has some practical making in it
I have had this book for years and now that I am back into cross stitch I plan on picking out some projects from it............I do have a lot of cross stitch resources from years ago....books and magazines
 That's all the fiber related projects for this week.  I have worked outside though!  I mowed Monday
 and it was like a hay field....some parts still are.  I let the grass dry out a bit and then used it as mulch in several places around my yard.  I go to Mountain Home next week and hopefully will be able to get mulch there but meanwhile I used what I had............
The little pool would not hold the paint for some reason so it is what it is.....I had to get planting!
 See the grass mulch?  I am hoping it helps keep some moisture in.  I had to get my banana peppers planted.....see...they already have peppers on them!
  spaghetti squash....
Cucumbers (pickling).........
zucchini..........
and a big crop of daisies!

Barry has just arrived....it's raining now and the wind has picked up.  We have flash flood warnings.  Just so the power stays on and my sump pump keeps working! LOL!  What a cozy afternoon and probably the next 3 days to stay in and enjoy homemade pleasures!
Please stop by here and see all the other beautiful makes from the Year of Projects group.
Happy Trails!!!




16 comments:

  1. WOW! You have been busy! Love the Santas.......Can't wait to see all the other finishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. Am jeremiah, I am testifying about a great hebal man that cured my wife of KIDNEY FAILURE AND hepatitis B and liver cirhosis. his name is Dr oniha. My wife was diagnose of hepatities two years ago, i almost spent all i had then, until i saw dr oniha recommendation online, and i call him, then he told me how to get the herb. You can call him on +2347089275769 or email him at dronihaspell@yahoo.com

      Delete
  2. You have SO many projects going on. I would definitely get confused. My favorite by far is the Granny's Afghan cross stitch and I love your idea of crocheting an afghan to match. I even looked the pattern up on line but with all of the socks I have to knit for Christmas I don't dare buy something else. Maybe I can get it after I finish everything else. Meanwhile I'll enjoy yours.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, what a lot of Projects? I love all your stitching as always. The doily is gorgeous. I love seeing your planters. I'm hoping by the end of the week, we should have some produce!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s lovely ‘hearing’ the enthusiasm and the creativity sparking in your post this week. I love your idea of the crochet Afghan like the cross stitch and I look forward to seeing how the little diamonds grow and multiply as you progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the granny's afghan cross stitch. And as usual, I'm amazed at how productive you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Mary Engelbreit stuff. So cute and homey looking. You really got quite a bit.of stitching dine this week. The holiday knitting magazines are wonderful. I bought my first last year because of your recommendation and am looking to buy another this year. Your garden is going to give you some wonderful produce soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully the storm is passing through quickly with out too many issues. Your garden is doing great, will you be canning anything this year?
    As usual you have something that I have to add to my list! That Granny's Afghan is wonderful and the idea to make a matching afghan, what a great idea!
    I hope that you have a productive week with all of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that doily, Sam. So pretty. All of your cross stitch pictures are great, but My Granny's Afghan is going to be really interesting to watch grow. I like the colors already! The idea of crocheting a large afghan to match is pretty awesome. I hope you don't get much bad weather from Barry (that seems like such an innocuous name for a hurricane) and that your power stays on. Happy stitching! Sounds like a great way to pass a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty doiley and a finish you are starting off the year great! I found a knitting socks group on facebook. Lots of different colors and ideas there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The doily is such a pretty finish Sam and I'm looking forward to seeing the doily wip.
    I love the idea of stitching the granny afghan pattern and then copying the colours into a real blanket sounds wonderful, what a great project!
    Hope you weathered the storm ok and that all is well now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sam! Reading your posts is always entertaining! You get so much done and try so many things. I saw the Just Cross Stitch Halloween Edition is available for order--I usually order that and the Christmas Ornament Edition every year. I really love that doily-- and makes me wish I crocheted.

    I hope Barry ended up not being too bad you where you are. So much rain everywhere it seems this summer.
    Stay safe.....
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sam :) Nice doily!!! Very pretty and so well done! Your other projects are really coming along, I love the turkey and all of your magazines! The garden is looking great! I didn't plant squash this year, but it's on the list for my "forever" garden in the future. Stay safe, I hope you don't get any flash floods. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your projects - all of them - but did you notice the cucumber leaves look like little hearts?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Healed from broken heart" Robinson Buckler brought my husband back"contact Robinsonbuckler@ {hotmail.} com to help you get your Ex lover back urgently after breakup/divorce

    ReplyDelete
  15. I AM USING THIS OPPORTUNITY TO TELL THE WORLD THAT, ROBINSON BUCKLER IS A GIFTED MAN. MY HUSBAND LEFT ME FOR NO REASON. I WAS NO LONGER MY SELF AND AT A TIME, I ATTEMPTED TO COMMIT SUICIDE. BUT THANK GOD I CAME ACROSS ROBINSON BUCKLER ONLINE. I READ GOOD REVIEWS ABOUT HER GOOD WORK AND HOW USEFUL AND HELPFUL HE HAS BEEN TO PEOPLE. I CONTACTED HIM AND TOLD HIM MY PROBLEM. HE TOLD ME THAT MY WAN WILL COME BACK TO ME. HE TOLD ME WHAT TO DO AND I DID IT AND TO MY GREAT SURPRISE MY HUSBAND CAME BACK JUST AS HE SAID. I EVEN NOTICED THAT WHEN MY HUSBAND RETURNED, HE EVEN LOVES ME MORE. THIS IS NOT BRAIN WASHING, CONTACT HER NOW ON HER EMAIL: ROBINSONBUCKLER@YAHOO.COM

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!