Sunday, March 24, 2019

YOP Week #39


Finishes:
1) a dishcloth, although I need to weave in the ends.  I plan on making a loaf of bread and delivering it and the dishcloth to my new neighbors as a welcome gift.
 2)  I finished stitching my Primitive Santa but now I have to deal with the tear on the left side....I'm thinking I will zigzag it closed and then make a little wool 'present' to place over it or a charm....we shall see.......I also need to put a bell on his hat...so technically I guess I'm not really 'finished'



WIPs (works in progress): 
1) I worked on Hawk Run Hollow January.  Just some more of the white fill in on the skirt.
 3)  I managed to get my fabrics cut for my Pickle Dish and made a few hexies......
6)  I worked on my new patriotic 'Bless Our Home' but I'm waiting for some floss to arrive....really enjoying working on the Aida...it's stiff which makes it much easier to stitch in hand.........
6)  I worked on my Turkey Tuesday project.........
7) and my new Seasonal Sunday project "Spring".  I'm enjoying working on something for Spring and this one is easy and cute and it was FREE from Glory Bee Designs.  I put a link to it in one of my recent posts and it is also on my Spring Pinterest board..........
It's supposed to rain so it is very 'dark' outside.....I apologize for the bad lighting.........loving the bright Spring colors!

8)  I finally dragged out my Fall Friday Pumpkin Spice Farm.....it's almost finished!!!  Just need to finish the bottom border.....maybe this week?

9)  The Button-Eyed cat for Witchy Wednesday even got some attention..........

Acquisitions:
I ordered floss and a crochet pattern book and sock yarn but none has arrived yet but I did get some beautiful sea glass progress markers from Liz over at the Highland Heffalump blog.  I love them Liz, and to think they are from 'your side of the pond'!  They are so light and they will be used for my new socks when the yarn gets here!
It's time to start thinking,planning and purchasing for YOP 2019-2020 and for me Stitchmania too which starts in May......I love this part!  Have you started planning or 'kitting up' for the next YOP season?






TOP 10 (or more) WIP's:

1)  Pickle Dish
2)  Stars and Stripes Saturday - America x-stitch - done but needs finishing
3)  Amy's Frido Kahlo basket (July birthday) - done but needs to be sewn together
4)  Pin's embroidery
5)  socks
6)  C2C blanket for Grayson (July birthday) 
7)  Monthly Monday - HRH January
8)  Witchy Wednesday - Button-Eyed Cat
9)  Fall Friday - Pumpkin Spice Farm
10)  Santa Sunday -Old St. Nick
11.  Turkey Thursday
12.  Seasonal Sunday - Spring

 Finishes so far in 2018-19: 
1.  4th of July cross stitch pillow/ornie
2.  Hitchhiker shawl
3.  Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4.  Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles for me Sam
5.  washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6.   Iowa Hawkeye hats for Sam and Grayson
7.  Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline e) charting a graphghan
8.   dishcloth(s)...I need to count them
9. Cubs hat for Uriah
10. 12 days of Christmas Advent gifts
11. Cowl for Ben
12. Cowl for Tracy
13. Cowl for Natalie
14.  # 2018 Collectible ornaments for the grands
15.  Cowl for me or gift basket
16.  11 scrubbies for gift basket
17.  1 pot handle cover for gift basket
18.  Ben's Bear's hat
19.  Falling Leaves Scarf
20.  Tissue Box Cover - 5 of them!
21.  Granny Square Shawl



Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.
Happy Trails!!!


10 comments:

  1. I’ve been working on dishcloths too. I’m using up the ends of balls of cotton and I’m planning to donate them to the church kitchen where dishcloths always seem to disappear.
    Your idea of a gift or Cham over the year in fabric is a brilliant one. The Santa looks great as do all of your other projects. I have a fond place in my heart for the pumpkin spice picture. It’s beautiful.
    Happy Sunday.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam oh i love all the beautiful projects that you are working on,well done my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely welcome gift for your new neighbors. You are very thoughtful. I have not even begun to thing about YOP 9! You are the second blogger to mention it today too. Hmmmmm, maybe I should start thinking about it now so I am not scrambling on the first Sunday of July. As always, your cross stitch projects make me smile and sigh. Have a great week! Oh......how did the corn beef turn out this time?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m so glad they finally arrived, and that you like them. Your spring project is lovely, tulips are my favourite flower. I love the Santa and Pumpkin Spice too. I used to do counted crossstitch but I started a Winnie the Pooh playing Pooh sticks in 1989 and finished it in 2011! It’s framed and hangs in our guest room and should have a neon light saying 22 years in the making lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea to take a dishcloth along with a loaf of bread to a new neighbor. Mind if I copy that idea? I know they're getting a gem of a neighbor in you. I hope you end up feeling the same about them! :) You stitched projects are all looking so pretty. I was wondering about what looked like a rip in your cloth in the Santa cross stitch. You are so clever - either of those ideas will camouflage that really well, I'd think. I hope you have a great week, Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol. I am so behind on this YOP year that it will be easy to plan next year - just finish all the things I wanted to finish this year...and last. Oh well. I love how you have so many different stitch projects on the go. Sorry about the tear on the Santa, but your idea to mend it and add a present sounds like the perfect solution.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful welcoming gift the cloth and bread will be Sam!
    I love all the makes and you've gotten round to so many of them this week, what a shame about the tear but I'm looking forward to seeing how you fix it up.
    I have begun to think about what I do want to do for next year and things I want to put on a list, it is always funny how by the start of April I'm making another YOP list roughly in my head, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a thoughtful neighbor you are! I love your stitching projects -- great variety. Turkey Tuesday! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely gift for your new neighbours. And as always, I love all your stitching, I so wish there was a little more time in the day for me to do this as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. get rid of cat smell

    Wondering how to get rid of or remove cat urine / pee smell? Have you used the best cat litter for odor control / smell with no luck? KittyVent is the ultimate litter box odor eliminator. Eliminating cat urine / pee litter smell for good.

    https://kittyvent.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!