Sunday, March 10, 2019

YOP Week #37

Finishes:
none this week

WIPs (works in progress): 
1) I got about 2 more rows done on the pink C2C blanket.  I'm not sure how big I will make it.  I think I will just continue until I run out of the pink yarn.  I have one more skein besides this one which is 3 total.


2) I did work on the Button Eyed cat on Witchy Wednesday again - never again will I work on 40 ct. linen.....it's a trial........




3) I worked on Hawk Run Hollow January.
 4)   My toe-up socks are coming along...I've done the gusset and just finished the heel turn...I think....but my numbers for the maximum stitch count after the heel flap are not adding up.....I have like 58 and it says it should be 98.....whoa Nellie.....that is quite a disparity!  I'm going to go back and redo the math.....something is not right!  Ruth, does 98 sound too big to you?  58 might be too small for sure.  My base number is 64.  If anyone has used this formula from Sockmatician could you possibly tell me what I am doing wrong?  I might have goofed on calculating the heel turn repeats on R3and R4.  I ended up doing R1 and R2 and  I alternated R3 and R4 for a total of 12 rows counting R1 and R2 once which means 5 times for R3 and R4 together or a total of 10.  But I have no where near 98 stitches on my needles.  Woe is me!
 5)  I finally got my binding for my little quilt measured and cut.  I was going to sew yesterday but I was so tired for some reason and my eyes were bothering me.  It was really windy here so I think that was part of the eye problem.  Anyway, I got no further with it.
6)  I worked on Santa Sunday last Sunday.............
Miscellaneous:
I got a coloring book that is peel and stick..........I tried to color in bed but it didn't work out very well so I'll have to sit at a table.............I'm using my glitter pens.....I need more colors.......I think I will use them to decorate my journals.......
I have been cooking and cleaning a lot this week and F.Y.I. if you are interested here is a free course for this coming week from The Prairie Homestead.....on Heritage Cooking.....it is going to be a pay for course after this week so sign up if you are interested as it starts tomorrow...here's the link
No acqusitions but I need to order more sock yarn and start getting ready for Stitch Mania in May.  Plus, now that Spring is here...there's gardening. painting and landscaping.....here we go!

TOP 10 (or more) WIP's:

1)  Pickle Dish
2)  Stars and Stripes Saturday - America x-stitch - done but needs finishing
3)  Amy's Frido Kahlo basket (July birthday) - done but needs to be sewn together
4)  Pin's embroidery
5)  Toe-up socks
6)  C2C blanket for Grayson (July birthday) 
7)  Monthly Monday - HRH January
8)  Witchy Wednesday - Button-Eyed Cat
9)  Fall Friday - Pumpkin Spice Far
10)  Santa Sunday -Old St. Nick

 Finishes so far in 2018-19: 
1.  4th of July cross stitch pillow/ornie
2.  Hitchhiker shawl
3.  Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4.  Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles for me Sam
5.  washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6.   Iowa Hawkeye hats for Sam and Grayson
7.  Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline e) charting a graphghan
8.   dishcloth(s)...I need to count them
9. Cubs hat for Uriah
10. 12 days of Christmas Advent gifts
11. Cowl for Ben
12. Cowl for Tracy
13. Cowl for Natalie
14.  # 2018 Collectible ornaments for the grands
15.  Cowl for me or gift basket
16.  11 scrubbies for gift basket
17.  1 pot handle cover for gift basket
18.  Ben's Bear's hat
19.  Falling Leaves Scarf
20.  Tissue Box Cover - 5 of them!
21.  Granny Square Shawl



Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.
Happy Trails!!!


18 comments:

  1. You're working on 40 ct. linen!!? I didn't even know there was such a thing. I cannot imagine how hard that would be. I'm not comfortable with anything smaller than 14 ct.! (Just call me a cross-stitch wimp!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too funny! I'm sure you're not a wimp about anything living up there in the frozen tundra! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Forty count has got to be a real eye killer. I hope you get the heel figured out. This why I like the Fish Lips Kiss heels. No gusset stitches to hassle with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try that but this heel turn is German Short Rows which I've never done...doesn't seem difficult until you discover you're doing it all wrong! LOL! It seems the only way I learn is by messing up....not a good way to learn!

      Delete
  3. I’ve not done toe up socks, but would say that on Hermione’s everyday socks is starting off with 64 and then you pick up 16 stitches on each side of the heel flap and then do one extra stitch picking up between sections (and then in the next round you knit 2 tog the 2nd round to get rid of that extra stitch); So it does have 96 stitches before starting the gusset decreases. My tired brain can’t compute how you’d do toe up, but less than your starting number definitely soulnds like a problem...hope you manage to work it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right and you are not going to believe what a dodo I am....I didn't count the stitches that were hanging out on the cable.....duh! I'm not sure where my head was (no comment please) but this morning when I went back to it to redo all the math.....there they were staring me in the face and I came up with 95 which is good enough for me...I'll cheat and add another stitch in there somewhere. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  4. It must have been YOU that inspired me to make a pink C2C blanket. I hope you don't mind me following in your footsteps, Sam. I can't even imagine doing cross stitch on 40 count cloth, but you are doing a beautiful job on that. All your other projects look good too. I hope you get the socks sorted out. Okay... going now to see what's cookin' on the Prairie Homesteader. Thanks for the great resources you point out (and link to), friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am taking the classes and she is good. I may start following her podcast regularly. I've done some of this before but not fermenting and using 'ancient grains'. There's always something new to learn and these young gals are so amazing how they podcast and literally make a living doing it. I enjoy it. I hope you got to see some of it.

      Delete
  5. I gave up on cross stitch years ago - my eyes just can't manage it. But yours are all beautiful! Love love love your colouring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you....trust me...I will be gladly giving up the 40 count after this project! LOL!

      Delete
  6. Lovely, varied projects this week. The pink C2C is coming out very pretty and add me to the people saying OMG, 40 ct. linen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm saying the same thing myself! OMG! 40 ct linen!

      Delete
  7. Just look at all of those projects you are working on. You inspire me. That pink C2C blanket is looking beautiful. That doesn’t sound like too many stitches unless you have already shaped the heel.. You need a lot of stitches for the gusset decreases. Have a wonderful Monday. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I heard that from enough people to go back and redo the math of my previous numbers....it's fixed! It's the knitter that was out of whack...not the formula! LOL!

      Delete
  8. The 98 is the total stitch count on both needles Sam from what I can remember, 98 would be too many for one needle. I would check what you have on both needles. HTH.
    Ahh man 40 ct is an absolute nightmare on the eyes. I made the mistake of starting a project on 40 count and I've put it aside even though I love the pattern and all because I can't do the 40ct even with a magnifier! I've discovered anything up to 36ct linen and I'm happy.
    As usual I love all the projects on the go Sam, it's always lovely checking in with you and seeing the variety.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will have a good laugh on this one....I had counted the stitches on the 2 needles (magic loop) but there wee a bunch of stitches on the cable that I evidently didn't count....duh! You were right! I am so happy....I think working on the 40 count messed up my eyesight for my knitting! LOL!

      Delete
  9. As always I love all of your projects, especially the cross stitch. I'm so glad you figured out the stitch count, and the colouring is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!