Thursday, February 21, 2019

Here comes Spring....as in severe weather!

I wasn't going to go grocery shopping today but then my intuition told me to go.  Mostly it was for pet food and supplies but then I needed organic eggs too so off I went.  Well, so glad I did as they upped the rain forecast to this afternoon although none yet but tonight and tomorrow and Saturday they are predicting a severe weather outbreak that includes the whole state of Arkansas!  So, "batten down the hatches"!  I already moved up the car to as close as I can to the garage door to protect the door as much as possible because Nitty is in there and she can't do stairs so I pray all is well for us as there is no way I can get her in the house much less the basement.  I also watered my sprouts outside and covered them back up.
  While I was at Walmart I got some more jars but these are 1/2 gallon and I think my beans will fit in these...........
I got  some chalk paint in white and a chalk marker and a medium point paint marker in white and some dark wax for sealing the chalk paint......I am really in a refurbishing/re purposing/organizing kind of mood......
and guess what else I got.................yes!  I finally bit the bullet and bought it! 
I have been wanting this for quite some time but Walmart never had the model I wanted so I thought I'd order from Amazon eventually but it was there last week and still there today and I took the plunge!  I can't wait to use it!  If you click on the picture it will enlarge it so you can read all the functions.  I'll keep you informed about what I make and how I like it on down the road.......
 Last night I finished tissue box cover #2 and tonight or tomorrow will be done with #3....this is a great way to use up stash and so fun with all the colors.....I am definitely a scrappy, patchwork, boho kind of gal and not matchy/matchy at all.  It's nice to finally know yourself after all these years! LOL!
 I also worked on my Button Eyed Cat for Witchy Wednesday.......
Tonight will be a good night to have my tortilla soup and do some handwork and read through the recipe book that comes with the Instant Pot....I can't wait to read all about it and decide what I'm going to make first and what function I will use first.
I hope you have a cozy night and enjoy your evening!
Happy Trails!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Sam oh dear the weather forecast doesnt look good,stay safe my friend ,love your tissue box cover.
    Wow you pressure cooker pot i have always thought about getting one ,enjoy playing with yours ,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certainly hope that nasty weather doesn't come close to you. We're in for some more snow this weekend, but that won't be as scary as your forecast. Tuck in and enjoy doing some handwork and using your new cooker!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am anxious to hear about the insta pot! We have an air fryer and love it for homemade french fries! Hope you don't get bad storms...we will get snow...again...:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for safety for all of you and that the basement won’t be needed. I love my instant pot. It does everything! Stay safe,
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are warming up, but the wind will get nasty here. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It has certainly been a winter of crazy weather this year!
    We have been slammed with storms, here in Utah...statewide storms as well.

    Yay.. you have an Instant Pot. I think you'll love it!
    One of my favorite functions is the Yogurt function. There are great tutorials on Youtube for yogurt making in the Instant Pot.
    Another Youtube channel that I love for Instant Pots is Six Sisters. There are great recipes there!

    Stay warm and safe.
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!