Thursday, February 14, 2019

God took me shopping at Walmart!!!

Okay, so here's the story morning glory.  It was supposed to rain today but when I woke up they had pushed the rain until tomorrow.  I thought, yippee, I can work outside today.....then I realized the girl's needed their meds refilled so I got some chores done and instead of working outside I figured I'd better go get their  meds otherwise I'd have to go tomorrow in the rain.  I can drive in rain but I really don't like to if I can avoid it....roads around here flood over easily.  So, I went to the vets and got what they needed.  I thought as long as I was over by Walmart I might as well stop and get a few things plus.....it's a holiday which means I don't have to eat healthy and I can have whatever I want!
BTW.............Happy Valentine's Day!!!  These are some old suffragette Valentine's from long ago.........
So, after I picked up the meds (way more expensive than mine) I headed to Walmart where I was surprised to find this..............chalk paint and the brush to use with it!  I was just looking for this online yesterday and it said it was in Mountain Home and not available for shipping...........
and these 2 items which were on my Amazon list............these are white plastic lids that come in 2 sizes (widemouth and regular) to fit mason jars.  I am going to clean my cupboards and organize them putting items in Ball jars with the lids.  The oil paint marker (white) is to write the item name on the glass.  It stays on until you scrub it.  I'm using the jars I have but they come in all sizes from tiny to huge so I am thinking this is the way to go for organizing my cupboards.  I did not think of this......I saw Lisa on Farmhouse on Boone organize her cupboards this way and it looked really nice and you could see everything at a glance.
God also tempted me by putting the exact model of Instant Pot that I wanted at Walmart when they have never carried that model before!  But I knew it was a 'test' and I walked on by but it wasn't easy.....every month I have thought I could order it and every month some emergency pops up preventing me.  I'm just joking...I have no idea if it was a test but it was a personal one for me and I passed!  But then I went and got this for my Valentine's Day celebration tonight................Screamin' Sicilian Supreme Pizza

and for dessert..................brown butter salted caramel ice cream.....oh, be still my beating heart!  Not really....keep on beating especially after I eat all this! LOL!
I also got a Valentine's Day call from Uriah and he told me he went to the dentist today and had no cavitites!  Hurray!
What are you up to on this celebration of love day?  I hope you have a great time and that you are feeling loved!
Happy Trails!!!

9 comments:

  1. Well, you found some really good deals today at Walmart. I use canning jars for a lot of my staples. But I use the regular lids. I would like to have those white ones and I’ll have to check at our Walmart next time I’m there. I also didn’t know that there was a pen you could write on the jars with. Is it with the lids in the canning jars section or in the office supplies? The ice cream looks absolutely delicious. So does the pizza, but the ice cream is calling my name! I had physical therapy this morning and a primary care doctors visit this afternoon. Now I’m home and the snow is coming down again. I don’t think it’s ever going to stop. At least it waited until I was back home. Happy Valentine’s Day.
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lids are in the canning section where the jars are and the paint and pen were in the craft's section. The ice cream was not as good as the Soho dairy free....that's my favorite! The pizza was good. Glad you got home before the snow started coming down again. I'm glad I went yesterday as it's not just rain today but freezing rain is a possiblity as the temps are dropping.

      Delete
  2. Too bad pets can't go on Medicare drug plans. Their meds are sooo expensive. But, they deserve it for being faithful companions for years. Walmart is a dangerous place to go at times. I like to browse around our WalMart and amazingly, things just jump into my cart as I walk by. Sounds like you are having fun reorganizing things. Make sure you show us when you are completed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have those plastic lids for canning jars and I love them. I have had them for YEARS and they are still as good as new. I use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to clean them if they get grimy on the shelves and I write on them with sharpy (so I don't have to unscrew and stick my finger in to see if it is flour or powdered sugar. And the sharpie comes off with the eraser, too. I keep saying that the darn pioneer woman just drops things in my cart at Walmart. We can only be soo strong. I received roses for Valentine's Day. I stopped at Aldi and they had 6 for 3.99. Then I came home and told my husband he owed me 4 bucks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too funny! I wish we had an Aldi's here. Thanks for the tip about Mr. Eraser as I'm sure I'll make some mistakes before I even get my jars filled! LOL! I know, the Pioneer Woman stuff...love!

      Delete
  4. I store everything I can in glass jars, even have a good supply of the half gallon ones. And I've used those white caps for years and years, mostly for jars in the refridge where contents get used up fast. For longer term storage of dry ingredients, for instance, I like the canning rings and lids.

    We took the day "off" and spent most of it with me on the couch and hubby in his rocker. I knit a lot and he caught up on some of his reading. We watched the snow coming steadily down and had a very relaxing day. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where have I been? I must be the last one to know about those lids. Taht's what happens when you have a career and suddenly find yourself trying to catch up with homemaking skills! LOL!
      Your day sounds wonderful! Knitting on the couch and watching the snow fall.....sounds like heaven to me! I miss the snow so much....some people just don't understand. I will live vicariously through your storms. My Mother told me I was born in a big snow storm...I wonder if that has anything to do with it?

      Delete
  5. Unbelievable here what some of the vets are able to charge. It's good you got all your errands done. I certainly try not to be out in the dust or rain around here because people are crazy anyways and nothing slows them down. Hope you enjoyed a lovely heart day. Have a fabulous Friday and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i hope you had a great 'heart' day too especially since you send your loving 'hearts' all over Kuwait and also the world! Happy Valentines Day to you too!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!