Sunday, January 6, 2019

YOP Week #28

Finishes:
1) the 2018 Collectible Ornaments are finished..........



WIPs (works in progress):

1)  Still working on refilling my gift basket with dish cloths and scrubbies.  I have used all the scrubbie yarn so I think that will be enough for now.  I'll check how many washcloths I have.  I definitely have dish cloth yarn.  I still need to weave in the ends which will be done today while I watch football.............I think I will set a goal for 10 scrubbies and 10 washcloths on hand at all times then maybe I'll do cowls.

 I also finished the cowl..........but it needs to be 'connected' and ends woven in....again during the game today...........

1)  C2C Blanket - I finally put in a progress keeper so you can see how much I've done from week to week and I can too!  I need to remember to move it today...........





Acquisitions: None of my orders have come in yet so I have nothing to show you.  But I have spent time thinking about my Top Ten WIP's that were stuffed away when gift making season arrived.  I have more than 10 but it gets too overwhelming so I will just list the top 10.
So for now here they are:

TOP 10 WIP's:
1)  Falling Leaves scarf
2)  Pickle Dish
3)  America x-stitch
4)  Amy's Frido Kahlo basket (July birthday)
5)  Pin's embroidery
6)  Heart bookmark for V-Day
7)  Toe-up socks
8)  Scrubbies
9)  Christmas cowl
10. C2C blanket for Grayson (July birthday) 

NEW STARTS:
1)  There will be one for Ben's birthday (this January) once the yarn arrives!
2)  I also ordered a big cross stitch project called A Year in Hawk Run Hollow which I will separate into months and each month will be an individual cross stitch.....here's a picture..........LOVE!!!



 Finishes so far in 2018-19: 
1.  4th of July cross stitch pillow/ornie
2.  Hitchhiker shawl
3.  Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4.  Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles for me Sam
5.  washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6.   Iowa Hawkeye hats for Sam and Grayson
7.  Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline e) charting a graphghan
8.   dishcloth(s)...I need to count them
9. Cubs hat for Uriah
10. 12 days of Christmas Advent gifts
11. Cowl for Ben
12. Cowl for Tracy
13. Cowl for Natalie
14.  # 2018 Collectible ornaments for the grands

I have also started watching Tidying Up on Netflix about the Konmari method of de-cluttering and organizing.  I also remembered I have the book!  I think someone is trying to tell me something.  It will be the priority this year for sure.  I made a good start last year and need to get back to it!  I still haven't chosen a word this year but maybe it will be ORGANIZE.  Plus, there's also chosing the first book of 2019 and that will be the book by Marie Kondo titled The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up.  I also read Death Cleaning which at my age is no joke and very motivating! LOL!

 Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.
Happy Trails!!!

















11 comments:

  1. Wow, when you're as organized as you are, how can you not help but be a success in this coming year of 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your planned cross stitch for this year sounds wonderful and the little ornaments you finished last year are so precious. There's a definite theme of decluttering and clearing stashes this year and I'm intrigued by the books you've been reading and may have a look. I have read some books about Hygge but not on Konmari yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that year long cross stitch. Death cleaning sounds a bit scary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love that cross stitch Sam! I really can't wait to see that worked up. If I were in a cross stitching mood that's just they style and type of project I'd go for. Death Cleaning sounds really scary at any age but I like your word of the year and think it will work wonderfully for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those ornament cross stitches are precious. Your new cross stitch looks perfect for breaking into segments.

    I think you are a very organized person. You have done so much decluttering the past year. Not to mention keeping things ship shape.

    You have done well in keeping your emergency gifting items available. I am starting mine too. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cross stitch ornaments! Death cleaning lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your finish cross stitch ornaments are beautiful and the new sampler is wonderful. I’m hoping to do more cross stitch myself this year.
    I’ve tried to learn more about the Komari method but I always give up.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow love your stitched ornaments they are all so beautiful ,good luck with your list and i havent heard of these books they sound very interesting,hope you have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seeing the list of WIPs you put away while working on gifts, I'm realizing I've missed seeing them. I look forward to their progress in 2019. Your finished cross stitch ornaments are beautiful, Sam. That you've created heirlooms like that is inspiring me to consider doing the same. And that Year in Hawk Run Hollow cross stitch is wonderful!

    This is the second time in as many days that I've heard about Marie Kondo's show on Netflix. And last night I happened upon it. I can't be caught watching it, lest it give hubby too much hope, but I think now I need to watch it - when he goes to sleep. I read her book and couldn't quite get into the "sparks joy" thing, but certainly watching her help others get organized would be inspiring. Things don't look too bad here, except for my overabundance of yarn. I have too much yarn. But we're in need of downsizing for (hopefully) a move in the not too distant future. So I can use all the inspiration I can get. Another inspiring post, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the ornaments! And the cross-stitch you ordered is so lovely. Just my type of stitching. You are very good about keeping up with the things you make and want to make. I bought the tidying up book but never completely read it and know that way of organizing is not for me. I am doing a little each day. Started in the kitchen yesterday. Feels good to see at least a small section tidied, even if it's only a few shelves. As for the concept of Swedish death cleaning, I can completely understand doing that. No one should have to deal with all our stuff when we are gone. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cross stitch project is beautiful.what a treasure it will be.i am watching the decluttering series too. At my age and 36 years in same house I need allthe help I can get!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!