Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Treasures, birthday and fiber optic!

I didn't blog yesterday and I had planned on it but you know what they say about the best laid plans...lol!
It all ended well though...first there was a meeting in town about our local electric coop putting in fiber optic...I left home at 11:00 a.m. and didn't get back until 1:30.  It could save me some money and I would have unlimited long distance calling. T.V. would be extra but the t.v. wouldn't go out every time it rained like satellite.  Not sure I need the t.v. as I'm pretty happy with what I have for $5.00 a month....Roku and CBS All Access and Netflix(gift).
After that, I came home and there was a package for me!  From my daughter and her family for my birthday..........look at this beauty!  I have been wanting one of these pans for awhile now..........

Isn't she gorgeous?  I washed it and made my Frito casserole in it last night!
I also got a birthday card from Diane at Lavender Dreams............it said it was for a Princess....can you be a princess at my age? LOL!  I'll take it Diane and thank you so much for thinking of me.
 After the package opening I went to check on Nitty (who has never gone out of her yard since she was a puppy).....she and Annie are trained not to but I do check on them and this time I couldn't find Nitty.  I called and went around the house twice.   The propane guy stopped his truck and said he saw her down the street quite a ways.  I ran for a little bit but I am out of shape and old so I slowed down and kept calling her but I couldn't see her anywhere.  I got to the corner and looked towards the lake and up the other way and no sign of her.  I thought I would go back home and get the truck and go looking.  I told the propane guy she never leaves her yard without me and he said she looked disoriented like she wasn't sure where she was or how to get home.  As I walked towards home there she was!  I was so happy she was alright.  We walked home together but she kept stopping and looking back....I'm not sure what was going on in her mind but she seems fine today and I am keeping a close eye on her!  It's hard as they can't tell you what's bothering them. She's over 14 years old so who knows.  After that I was exhausted and was laying in bed later when I remembered I hadn't blogged!  Mercy!
So today, I went to Walmart and got lots because I hadn't been since before Christmas which of course wore me out again...lol!  But it's all in the house and mostly all put away and look what came in the mail today!  I got my yarn for Ben's Bear's hat and some Blueberry speckled yarn for the Blueberry Waffle socks (free pattern on Ravelry) I want to make!  I'll start the hat tonight as his birthday is the 18th...so I had better hustle!  I hope your days have been peaceful and you aren't as tired as me! LOL!
 Happy Trails!!!
P.S.  I'll try and catch up with everyone tomorrow inbetween my first day of The Konmari Method of 'tidying up'....it's clothes!  Stay tuned to this mini-series of my journey using her method.  Scary committment but it's time.  Say a prayer I don't fail or get overwhelmed.

7 comments:

  1. Oh I love your new pan...isn't it a pretty color! And of course you are a Princess! A birthday Princess! I'm glad you got so much done but take it easy! You deserve a break! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s funny, I just watched the first season of the Konmari method on Netflix this week and I have read her book. I’m seriously thinking of doing it too. You’ll have to let us know how it goes. I really like your new pan. Dennis got me one for Mother’s Day last year and I like the coating. Very easy to clean up.
    How scary about Nitty. I’m so glad you found her and all is well. Chloe never leaves our yard either. I would be terrified if she left. Our neighborhood is so busy with cars.
    I hope you have a relaxing evening and get some knitting done.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to see and hear about your knitting projects. Just a few minutes ago finished the first sock of the latest pair for my husband. (Must learn the method where you knit both socks at once. I realize it doesn't really save time, but oh, that second sock always seems so hard to do!)

    Isn't that just the worst feeling to have one of our pets be MIA? So glad your Nitty got back home safe and sound. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I see I missed your birthday (by nearly a week - it's Thursday night as I type this). I'm so glad you're still celebrating though. What a nice gift from your daughter. And I went back and read your birthday post and see you were treated with some awesome gifts earlier, as well.

    I hope you have a great year, Sandra! You are an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! Poor Nitty, hope she doesn't do that again, she must be confused....when their kidneys aren't working so good they get confused. I am sorry this is happening to her and you have to deal with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Last month, it was my birthday, the anniversary of my late husband’s death, and a time when I experienced another loss in my family. I was in total depression also because the gentleman I had been seeing for nearly a year decided to cut ties with me. All this happened at the same time, and my heart was broken. Then I found Dr Moon in a website, and all my luck turned around – especially because the master did a wonderful spell of Love for me and my dearest companion, who decided he had made a terrible mistake by leaving me. We even took a much-needed vacation. It meant the world to me, and I have to thank for it Dr.Moon his email is ancientshrine12@gmail.com You can can also call his Or whatsapp of mobile number +2348112338431

    ReplyDelete
  7. When your website or blog goes live for the first time, it is exciting. That is until you realize no one but you and your. แว่นกันแดด

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!