Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Konmari Step #1 is DONE!!!!

I finished Step #1 - Clothes and I am so happy!!!  I have 3 bags full of clothes to donate.  I still have some shoes in the other room but officially I am done.  Now, there is another dresser/nightstand in my bedroom but it does not contain any clothes so it doesn't count.....now.  I'm sure everything will get dealt with eventually!
Here's a look at my clean, organized and some empty drawers.....one entire dresser is empty!  Actually I have my clothes in my closet and 2 drawers full and that's  it.  I told you I wasn't a clothes horse! LOL!
These are my winter and summer clothes together....no seasonal putting away of clothes as the weather here can be 30 one day and high 60's the next.  Now, I will move onto the next Konmari chapter....not sure what it is but I will read it tonight.....it might be books....oh boy!  That will be a major area for me.....big time!  But I am so tired of maintaining all this stuff....even my antique dressers which I love, but old dressers have old runners on the drawers and they are a struggle.  I may need to use some candle wax or soap or silicone spray on them....something's gotta give! LOL!  And it's not going to be me!
I did get a few new containers to hold my WIP's at the Dollar General today and I worked on Ben's hat and got some birthday cards that need to go out.  Remember the Great Deal I got on the punch needle hoop on Ebay?  Well, it never arrived so I have a case open with PayPal as they took the money for it.  Also, I ordered from InspireUplift for Ben's birthday present....again they took the money but I got nothing.  I emailed them and they sent me an automated email that they would get back to me in a day......nothing so I guess I will have to contact PayPal about them too.   In all my years of shopping on the internet I have never had this problem before.....oh well.....I guess Amazon will be getting my business as I've never had a problem with them except for that Fat Brain gift.  I think they all get too big for their britches! LOL!
I'm going to kick back now.....all that cleaning and clearing and learning how to fold the Konmari way (I had to watch more videos on You Tube) has tired me out but I feel so good about it! 
Happy Trails!!!

5 comments:

  1. That's great Sam. We are also downsizing a little at a time. You know, I remember a time (way before I met Alex) when anything that didn't fit in my little Hyundai car didn't come with me when I moved around. I had some clothes, my computer and personal documents and the dogs stuff and that was it. I don't know what happened to my minimalism lol...but I'm getting back there! That sucks about Ebay. Alex has a paypal account and has a lot of trouble dealing with them. I hope you get some answers quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m sorry you’re having the issues with vendors. That’s why I stopped shopping on Ebay. Three times I didn’t receive the merchandise and PayPal was no help at all.
    You did wonderfully well with the clothes. I wish that’s all I had. Maybe someday. I’m looking forward to seeing what’s next.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed at the small amount of clothing you have! I'm feeling more and more as though I really need to go through all my clothes and GET TOUGH! There is so much I haven't worn in years. (Doesn't make any sense to keep those things, does it?)

    Have you noticed that in general customer service seems to be severely lacking these days? Yes, some companies have gotten too big. My most frustration comes from not getting satisfaction in regard to a problem online so trying to contact a real person via phone and then being put on hold for 10-20-30 minutes before I give up. Do you think the companies operate that way simply to discourage a person from "bothering" them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the book and worked on my clothes...some. But I just couldn't force myself to get rid of as much as they say. I have room for my clothes so I kept most of them. I don't buy much new any more so I would rather have a better selection in my closet. The system seems to really work though. It changed the way I think of my clothes....I don't wear anything unless I feel good wearing it! Best of luck getting so much done! You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!