Sunday, December 2, 2018

YOP Week #23

 And Blogmas Day #2 - Here's your little bit of Christmas for December 2nd...........
There are some finishes this week: 
 But some are parts of sets for Christmas so I am calling them WIPs:
Connie, thank you so much for this pattern!  It was a breeze compared to the one I tried before....I have some yellow yarn like this also so there will be a set of 2...one yellow and one green
I'm just about done with finger less mitt #1 but not sure I like how it's turning out.  The Thumb hole does not look too good.  I'll finish and see if I can repair it without it looking too bad else I will have to choose another gift for that person. 
I made homemade Chai Tea Mix as my daughter likes it and I think I'll also make some instant Spiced Tea Mix.  I used to make that for years and it's a great one.  I used to give it to co-workers and they loved it for making at work.  I want some here also.  It's perfect for those chilly afternoons with a cookie or some cheese and crackers.  Here's the Chai Tea Mix.............
 These jars will have fabric covers and these cute labels and the recipe tied on with some jute..........
My mug rug is taking the longest.............I would have been better off  'winging it" as the directions were very confusing so I just made it like I would my quilts...so the top is done and the backing and batting are cut.  I still need the binding cut and quilt the layers together but that shouldn't take too long? 


 So, Advent gifts so far: (* completed)
    * 1. Little house on the Prairie pin
    * 2. Godiva Chocolate caramels
    * 3. Christmas dish cloth
    * 4. bath bomb
    * 5. scent beads
    * 6. car scent
    * 7. LHOTP notebook
     8. Christmas Chai
     9. Mug Rug
  10. Scrubbies
  11. Lavender sachets
  12. Lemon Curd not sure I will buy or make depends on the time I have or lemon soap
These have to be finished, wrapped and mailed to get there before the 12th of December so it is the #1 priority right now!
 This is what things look like after a day of crafting!  There goes my de-cluttering!  But it is fun to make and give to people who appreciate handmade and my daughter truly does.
When I was too tired to do anything else I laid in bed, watched t.v. and worked on my Cozy Memories Blanket...about 2 squares done and 1 in the wrong direction! LOL!

 Finishes so far for 2018-2019:

1.  4th of July xs pillow
2.  Hitchhiker shawl
3.  Felici Hibiscus self-striping socks
4.  Felted wool loafer slippers with leather soles for me
5.  washcloth (extra large) and back scrubber for Christmas or birthday for SIL
6.   Iowa Hawkeye hats for Sam and Grayson
7.  Techniques learned so far this year: a) knit cast on, b) reading a knitting chart, c) lace work, d) inserting and using a lifeline e) charting a graphghan
8.   dishcloth(s)...I need to count them
9. Cubs hat for Uriah
10. 12 days of Christmas.....8 out of 12 now


I hope you had a great week and are enjoying the holidays...tomorrow is the start of Hanukkah so Happy Hanukkah to those who celebrate.  Don't forget to tune in to all those Vlogmas podcasts!  What a fun time of year for all of us "makers"!
 Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.
Happy Trails!!!


9 comments:

  1. Your Chai Tea gifts look (and sound, and I imagine smell) wonderful. What a great idea. And I wouldn't think very common. You impress me, Sam. So many gifts for so many people. What a generous, fun soul you are. Next year, if I decide again to create an Advent gift for someone(s) I'm going to start much earlier. And I'm going to be coming back here for inspiration. Your daughter is going to love the things you've bought, made and gathered together for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mug rug and need to make one too. The Little house fabric sure is sweet! The mixes sound good too. I'm starting a hiking series tomorrow...hope you'll join me! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmmm, chai tea is my favorite. Will you post recipe or is it from somewhere on internet or pinterest? You have outdone yourself. How much fun your daughter is going to have opening these each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just googled recipe for chai tea mix with printable labels, I think....mine came with those labels to print. I tried it although Chai is not a favorite of mine and it was good except I think I used 2 tsps and it could have used more for 1 cup of water. If you can't find it let me know and I will print it here. This is the only day my daughter doesn't read my blog. She loves surprises so she knows she has to skip Sundays! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Glad that pattern worked for you! I am not a fan of the Chai Tea...lots of people like it...and how many calories does that delicious looking/sounding hot chocolate have? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't care for Chai either but it's my daughter's favorite. The hot chocolate has a zillion calories.....just so you know....lol!

      Delete
    2. I’m pretty sure Santa takes any calories you’ve consumed that evening away with him, so that’s why you have it on Christmas Eve 🤣

      Delete
  5. Chai tea is my favorite. I didn’t know that you could make an instant mix. I’ll have to look online and see if I can find it. Your scrubby turned out great. I want to try some of those too, as soon as I finish up a few other gifts. Nice dish cloths too. You impress me so much with how quickly you get everything done. And a beautiful cozy memory blanket to boot. Are you watching all of the Vlogmas videos on YouTube? You asked which pattern I bought and it was the blanket. I’m guessing I can adapt it into a scarf if I want to. I’m anxiously awaiting its arrival. I hope you get some well-deserved rest tonight. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see your beautiful blanket take shape!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!