Saturday, December 8, 2018

Blogmas Day #8 - December 8th

Here' s your little bit of Christmas for today...........I love these and have looked for a pattern and finally found one...........aren't they just too cute?  Here's the link

I have wanted to make these for years...........looks like now I'll get my chance!
Today I spent a good amount of time creating this.......
I should have taken a 'before' picture because it was a tangled mess!  I was happily crocheting my C2C blanket when all of a sudden out came this 'blob' of tangles.  This was worse than any tangles I have ever seen and it took 2-3 hours to get it into the shape you see above and there was a portion I had to cut out and probably what started the whole mess.....a tight knot of yarn in the middle.  Oh well, I had nothing better to do today! NOT or should I say KNOT! LOL!
I forgot to show you some yarn I got at Walmart.......I was curious about this Lion Brand yarn called Scarfie............
 so I bought a skein to make a scarf ...............I will be winding this one into a ball for sure.  It is very loosely skeined and I am taking no chances.  But today I worked on presents I am still making but getting close to finishing.  I am getting in supplies for my Christmas Eve and Christmas Day cast ons!  It almost like when YOP starts.....so many choices but definitely new projects will be started!  I can't wait!
A Christmas present came for me today.................SNOW!!!  This picture does not do it justice as it is beautiful!  There will be no significant accumulation and it's no blizzard that's for sure but I will take what I can get! 
Happy Trails!!!

6 comments:

  1. I’m sorry about the yarn mess. I had one today too in the middle of the skein of wool for Dennis’s sweater. It only took about an hour to untangle though. It was enough. I hope that’s the only tangle you have for a long time. :-) I’m glad you’re enjoying the snow.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the link to the Pixie pattern. I downloaded it and now need to figure out if I have fabric that would work. They sure are cute and I 'need' a new Christmas doll. Enjoy your evening! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scarf looks very nice. I would like to make a few new ones to sell this winter too. No snow here, but it's definitely cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those pixies are so cute Sam...Oh and SNOW!!! Hurrah!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got snow! I saw some really cute Gnomes...you could sew them up for sure! Search for Sandinavian Gnome on Pinterest! There are some with snowflakes stitched on their hats...really cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh My Stars! the Pixies are Adorbs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!