Sunday, August 19, 2018

YOP Week #8


These were my goals for this past week:

1)  Continue working on Merry Monday cross stitch - this got some 'love'..........


2)  Finish cuff and leg down to heel of sock #2 and more - and I did...........about halfway done with the heel flap...........

3)  Finish the next pattern repeat on the Falling Leaves scarf (20 rows) - accomplished this also........it's time to move up the 'lifeline' again.......
None of the following got worked on...........
4)  Cut and sew up my daughter's Frida Kahlo basket
5)  Sew soles unto slippers
6)  Cut material for next pickle dish and get started sewing it
7)  cut binding for Sampler quilt
8)  cut pillowcase material
9) work on finishing letter "P" on pins embroidery


10) work on Witchy Wednesday x-stitch - I did work on this............we have part of a cat ear!


11) work on Fall Friday x-stitch - made quite a bit of progress on this one..........letters are fun!


12) work on Stars and Stripes Saturday x-stitch - worked on this yesterday.......


13)  Santa Sunday - I finished this one but need another one to work on today!  Simple and small...just how I like them......it does need to be 'finished' finished as in a pillow form......

14) work on hexies for Pickle Dish block #3 - I am going to cut material for this this afternoon for sure!  Hold me to it!

I am almost caught up to Stitching the High Notes podcast and that's about it.  I haven't even done any 'dreaming' of future projects.  It was a busy and expensive week.  I took Annie to the vet and she put her on Vetprofin like Nitty and she is doing better but I have to carry her out and in as she also can no longer do the stairs.  So, the vet budget is about $100.00 a month now just for their meds...not counting mine! LOL!  That night the AC went out and I had to call the repairman.  They came out right away and fixed it thank goodness because it is still warm down here.  I worked on my budget and did some cleaning and de-cluttering which are all high priorities right now.  Caring for the girls is very time-consuming but glad I have the money and the time to do it but it is also very tiring and definitely puts me behind in other areas.    This week I travel to Mountain Home to see my Rheumatologist.....he's leaving for Little Rock and the only other RA doctor is 2 hours away so I am hoping my GP will just take over the prescriptions for him.  There's another RA doctor 1 hour away but it is in Missouri so I need to find out if my insurance covers him.  I hope so..it's BCBS so I would think they would but who knows.  My RA doctor is from Syria and very smart and up to date.....I knew he would be 'moving on up'.  I will miss him...he's a gentle soul and a great doctor!
  
That should do it for this week folks!  I hope you had a wonderful week and enjoyed working on your projects.  Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.
Happy Trails!!!

15 comments:

  1. I'm glad Annie is on the up, but it sounds like an expensive week. Your socks are gorgeous, and I suspect soon to be finished. And all of your stitching is lovely - I must return to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Annie is doing better and it seems all your time and energies is going to the girls at the moment, which is great but I hope being behind in other areas doesn't stress you too much. Such a shame about your RA doctor and hope your GP can take over the prescriptions. Great progress on the projects and I love seeing all the different cross stitch projects you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - taking care of our fur babies can be expensive, but they are so worth it for all the love they give us. Sorry you are losing your great doctor - and I hope you find a good one to replace him. Your stichery crafts are amazing - it is something I just can't seem to do anymore - but yours are so lovely and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when our doctors or dentists move or retire! Love your fun projects. I started a small Fall cross stitch this week...are you proud of me? heehee! Enjoy your afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh what a productive week! You really accomplished a lot! And everything looks so nice. Man, it drives me nuts to have to switch doctors. I hope everything works out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What will you be doing with all the cross stitches?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some ornaments for gifts and the tree and others will be little displays in bowls etc. for holidays. I like having different decor for special occasions....although it would probably be better if I just applied that time to cleaning the house...although I am old and need to take breaks! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

      Delete
  7. You and I both had expensive weeks. I'm sorry your expensive week had to do with medicines. Thank goodness for modern medicine, though. I hope you get the doctor/prescription thing sorted without to much fuss. We've had to change doctors too many times, but there's no end in sight. Even if all our doctors would stay in the area, they'll all be retiring before we run out of need for them (if we live long enough). :^/ I hope you have a good week, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about Annie and her struggles with steps. We wouldn't be able to get Chance up the steps without his harness. He need assistance. Talk about Vet Bills last week was a $300 week, but he is worth it. he is holding his own for now, keeping our fingers crossed, but you never know with old dogs:(
    Your projects are coming along nicely:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The different daily projects idea seems to really working for you. How fun to see each one develop. I imagine that cross stitching letters is a little like knitting stripes - just one more letter, just one more letter...

    This week I need to get my senior cat to a vet for tests. I suspect her pancreatitis is flaring back up so i’m Not sure how much they can do. I already have her on an adjusted diet. It’ll cost to have the tests, but more than that, the car trip and vet visit will be very traumatic for her so i’m dreading it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw.. sorry to hear that your fur babies are feeling poorly. I do hope that the meds help them be more comfortable.

    You've got some great projects there! I do love cross stitch, though it's been a while since I've picked up a project.
    Safe travels to your doctor, and hopefully all goes well on that front.

    Have an excellent week.
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to hear Annie is better. Sorry to hear she needs help with stairs now too. You are a good pet mom.

    Your cross stitch projects are all so pretty. And to have one "completed" is great.

    Sorry to hear about your RA Doc leaving. It is so hard to find Drs that are the perfect fit. I hope your BCBS covers you across state lines.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goodness you had a busy week. I’m so sorry to hear that Annie also needs medication now. Getting older isn’t for the faint of heart is it? All of your projects wonderful. It seems you have caught the Crosstitch bug!
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad to hear that Annie is doing better, more meds are not what we want to hear but in the long run it's worth it. Hopefully things will settle down for you soon, with doctors and travel and projects.
    I love the falling leaves pattern and it looks like your pattern is coming along great. I have a fall cross stitch pattern that I should start too. I can't wait to see your Christmas pillow. I don't want to rush the seasons but those holidays are sneaking up on us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!