Friday, August 10, 2018

Friday - August 10, 2018.

Yesterday I cleaned and redecorated my family room for Summer....yes, I'm a little late.  I really wanted to start decorating for Fall but I thought that might be pushing it a bit.  Summer here seems to last forever.  I don't really have many decorations for Summer but I do have a lot of chickens so I used them...........
I love lights but had no 'Summer' lights so I found some pink ones....they'll have to do...........I have an old lid from a can I can't find but I love the cherries on it so I added that to my Summery decor.........and,  of course,  candles for that Hygge effect.........
Here are some of the 'flock'...............
I also added some 'canned goods' which are really candles..........and some 'blue' birds..............
Here's the rooster of all roosters!  My Aunt made this and it is beautiful!
There's a bowl of wool 'strawberries' on the white shelf and a garage sale lamp with flowers on it.  Come to think of it, most everything I own, including furniture, is either from a thrift store, auction or garage sale, or I made it myself or it was a gift! LOL!  I love my 'antiques' and treasures.
Here's the other side of the fireplace and mantel..remember the frosted pumpkin was hanging there?  He'll be back before long!  See that orange chicken on top of the books in front of the picture?  My daughter made that when she was in school and now she's an art teacher and mother herself.  I love that chicken....it was the beginning of my chicken collection.
And yes, that is a little lit up Christmas tree in the corner to remind me to keep Christmas in my heart each day of the year!
Today was Finance Friday and I did work on finances today!  Also, it was Fall Friday and I worked on my Pumpkin Spice Farm cross stitch............I cannot believe how much I am enjoying cross stitch after all these years apart!  I used to cross stitch years (30-40) ago but I don't think I enjoyed it nearly as much as I do now.   It could be the retirement! LOL!  
 It's also Fix-it Friday so I will be mending tonight!
  I have plans and ingredients to make Mediterranean Chicken with Pepperoncini and Kalamata Olives tomorrow in the crock pot.  I got the recipe on All Recipes.  I am trying to use what I have, eat as healthy as possible while still enjoying food and clear out my freezer too.  I only needed a lemon and some sour cream.  I have everything else.  It's supposed to rain this weekend so I think a crock pot meal is always cozy and you know I am all about 'the cozy'! LOL!
Have a great Friday night!
Happy Trails!!!  



8 comments:

  1. I love all the chickens Sam and the redecoration! Isn't it funny how you can leave a craft for years and when you return you love it more! Looking forward to seeing all the new cross stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your decorations...I love lots of lights! And I think I may try to find a cross stitch kit to work on. I did this years ago...back when you did! heehee! But I don't have thread and everything I need any more so I'm wondering if a kit would be the best way to start again. If you have any suggestions for me, let me know. I need some kind of new project! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the places I have purchased from are Everything Cross Stitch and 123Stitch online. They are both reliable, fast and great customer service! They have kits too but they also carry all the meterials you would need for anything! There are also some Etsy shops that I love such as Down Sunshine Lane and Needlecase Goodies but I haven't ordered from them.....yet! But I know people who have and recommended them.
      I hope you try it again and I recommend doing a small project at first. All mine right now are small.

      Delete
    2. material....I can spell but I sure can't type! LOL!

      Delete
  3. You have quite a “flock” of chickens. I enjoyed seeing all of your decorations. Better late than never. You seem to get so much done. I like the idea of eating what you have. We’ve been trying to do that more too. Enjoy your meal and I hope you have a great a
    Weekend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute decor, and you can never go wrong with chickens :)

    You know, a ton of our stuff is thrifted, or gifted too. I love it!!

    We're trying to use our freezer goods and pantry goods as well. It sure makes me get creative with menus...~LOL!

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Leaves are starting to fall out of the trees here and the brush is changing colors...might be an early Fall. I am trying to use of freezer stuff too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG!!!! I thought we would have an early fall too and you are the proff in the pudding! Thank you for that very special news!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!