Monday, August 20, 2018

A couple of young bucks came to visit me today!

There were actually 2 of them and I'm sure this is their first year of antlers.  I think they were brothers.
This one was a little shy..........
But his brother was right out in the open...........
I didn't see them today...... we had some big storms in the area last night so if they were like me they probably slept in this morning.  I hope they're okay.........I always think of all the animals out in those storms.
 Today was Merry Monday and also Monthly Monday.....I did work on my x-stitch but didn't get the monthly chore for today done which was to wash all the pet beds/toys etc.  There's tomorrow.....
 I had a dinner to make and I have been munching on part of it while the pork loin roast cooks.  I made roasted asparagus with parmesan and garlic and also roasted red potatoes..........so crunchy and good..........I will share the recipe tomorrow.....my roast will be coming out soon.  These were the potatoes before they went in..a little olive oil, thyme, cayenne and salt and pepper.....delish!
 I'll have to catch up with Book Date another day...........I'm ready for supper and bed! LOL!  I hope you had a great Monday and that all is well in your world!
Happy Trails!!!

7 comments:

  1. Those bucks are beautiful. How exciting to see those in your yard.

    Nice cross stitch. You have done quite a bit on it today.

    Those potatoes look yummy. Love asparagus too. We always roast ours. It's so delicious that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little cross stitch and your dinner sounds delicious. How do you do everything that you do? I hope your new friends turn up again soon so you’ll know they are okay.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful deer! I think their antlers are so pretty when they are in velvet.

    Looks like a yummy dinner, and simple too.. I like that :)

    Have a happy day.

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How neat to see those deer so close! Love your stitching and those roasted potatoes! Hope you have a good day today1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice racks on those deer, they must be more than two years old! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!