Sunday, July 15, 2018

YOP Week #3


Here are my goals from last week...we'll see how well I did.
1) find I Spy quilts - still haven't found them and I am about 1/3 of the way done cleaning and organizing my crafts room
2) find needles and cast on socks - Oh yeah.........this one definitely got some love....so happy to be knitting socks again............these are some vanilla socks to get me back in the swing of sock knitting.  It is Felici yarn from Knit Picks in the Hibiscus colorway.....I'm ready to do the heel/gusset.....

3) cut material for next round of hexies - yes, did this and finished one pickle dish and cut material for the next and got started on it............
here's part of the next one...........
4) wash and iron fabric for Sewing School Project #1 - I did this and went to cut the material and my rotary blade was so dull it went 'off track' and cut it wrong and now I may not have enough material....I may have to do some juggling.....meanwhile I am ordering new blades!
5) trace pattern for PINS embroidery - I did fuse the freezer paper to the material.  It is supposed to make it easier to trace the pattern on but I can't see the pattern through it so I need a light box and my marking pen was dried out so I need that and some knitting counters....my Amazon order is way past FREE SHIPPING! LOL!

6) find Folk Art Quilt - I found part of it but not the rest....woe is me!
7) order soles for slippers (just mine to see how they work) - I did order the soles for my slippers and they are more expensive than the  yarn to make them!
8) finish July 4th x-stitch into a pillow - I looked at the tutorial from Vonna Pfeiffer and she calls for P44 lightweight interfacing which I also need to order
9) cut binding for sampler quilt - this got no attention at all but I know where it is at least! LOL!
What wasn't on the list of goals but should have been was my Creative Bug class for the Falling Leaves Lace Scarf.  I started the class and the scarf over as I needed more markers and now I need more knitting counters too.  I want to continually work on building my skills in various areas.  Only about 3 rows on this so far...........
  That's all the progress for this week although I did get to Hobby Lobby and got one skein of yarn for finishing one of the washcloths but the other must be Peaches and Creme at Walmart.  So, this coming weeks goals are the following:
1) order rest of supplies needed for projects
2) finish the one washcloth
3) finish chapter 4 of Falling Leaves Lace Scarf (which may be a bit much...I'll see)
4) finish another pickle dish
5) find those dang I Spy quilts and my folk art quilt
6) finish heel and gusset on sock #1 and start on the foot
7) cut binding for sampler quilt
8) trace embroidery pattern if light box arrives in time (I don't have Prime so  it takes forever!)
9) cut material for pillowcases if blades arrive on time
10) attach soles onto my slippers and they should arrive this week
11) work on 4th of July pillow if interfacing arrives  
I can see the list is growing already with no 'finishes' but hopefully I will be able to wrap up a few items this month.........
Please stop by and see all the other fantastic projects that other  YOP'ers are working on.
Happy Trails!!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 
 

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on having a productive week. Those socks are pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did sooooo much this week. Those darn quilts need to quit hiding. If my mom was here she would tell me to look under my bed. It was my favorite hiding place. I'm too old to get under there now so my closet is my hiding place now.

    Your next week's goal depend on timely deliveries. Fingers crossed everything gets there soon. With Amazon Prime days starting Monday, you were smart to order last week.

    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've accomplished a lot, Sam. I hope you find your missing projects soon. I know how frustrating that can be. Sometimes I find a missing thing right under my nose (the 2nd or 10th time I've looked. When that happens I'm befuddled at how didn't see the thing when I was practically looking right at it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun happy Socks you are making! They’re going to be great!

    I hope your quilts turn up soon. I’m very bad at looking for things. So often when i’m looking I get distracted with other things I come across and entirely lose track!

    Looks like a lot planned for the coming week. May the force be with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute socks! So colorful! I have been thinking that maybe and old door would work for a ramp...covered with carpet. Sometimes you can find old doors at garage sales:) Have a good week:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love the colours on your socks! Forgive me for laughing but reading about all the stuff you had to order to get your projects done reminded me of me. Well, in my case it's usually because I buy stuff for a certain project and then change my mind in the middle of it all, and need to add material... Anyway, good luck for your quilt hunt. Where can they possibly be?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for getting so much done. I bought eight skeins of Felici yarn recently and plan to start a new pair soon. The color you have is great. Still praying you’ll find your quilts soon. Have a lovely week my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you have been busy, well done on a successful week, even if you haven't found the quilts. Love your socks. Hope next week is successful too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like those I Spy Quilts are made from camouflage! I hope they turn up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you made some great inroads into your list!

    I love the hexies, so pretty. Makes me want to do some quilting again...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE those socks!!
    Ali@SimplySummerStreet

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your blog background with the little paw prints! And you have enough projects to keep you busy for a month of Sundays don't you? I've been reading more than crafting lately but I need to make cards this week. Hope you find everything! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Busy busy week! Good luck finding your missing quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am thankful for this blog to gave me much knowledge regarding my area of work. I also want to make some addition on this platform which must be in knowledge of people who really in need. Thanks.

    carpet steam cleaning Sydney
    End of lease cleaning Mosman

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!