Monday, April 23, 2018

Monday - 04/23/2018




 Today I promised myself I would get the recipes I've been making onto this blog!  I have been negligent in staying on top of sharing the good ones with you!  But today's the day!  There won't be a lot of pictures but I have made everything I recommend or share a recipe of and it gets my seal of approval....for whatever that's worth! LOL!
First up is Lime-Spiked Black Bean Dip
This recipe came from The National Pancreas Foundation website when I was trying to eat for pancreatitus whether I had it or not!  LOL!  This dip is so good and healthy for you too!  Win -win!
There are other recipes on the site that I want to try but this is the only one I have made so far.
 The next recipe that I highly recommend and that I have made many times is Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup
I love this soup and I serve it with sour cream, shredded cheddar and the broken bits left over from a bag of tortilla chips...........yum!  I kid you not, this soup is a winner and if you don't put too much sour cream and cheddar on it you can call it very healthy too!

 One of my all time favorite meals is Linguine with Roasted Broccoli, Pine Nuts and Goat Cheese
As the recipe states it is "quick and delicious"!  I'm not sure what Feta is but I use it in place of goat cheese and I have been known to double the amount!  Yum!

Marsha asked me the other day for the recipe of what I call "blender pie".  I have made this for years as an economical dessert when my kids were growing up and also for a quick dessert for company coming when you have a zillion other things to do!  I also remember Betty Crocker's famous "impossible pies" of which there are many...over 2000!   I haven't tried any lately but they look very appetizing
 The girls are getting restless for their supper now and I must admit I am getting hungry too talking about all this food!
I will ensure these recipes are on my side bar recipe section too within the week.  It's handy for me also to go there for them so I have an added incentive to get it done!
Happy Trails!!!



7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the recipes. O am.going to try the pie but will be using our 'healthy' flour and sugar. Hope it will still turn out ok. Will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read recipes! The brocoli pasta one sounds like I would like to try that one. We make a Tortilla Soup also it has black beans and taco seasoning:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all of the recipes. You are so thorough.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! Blender Pie looks amazing and so simple. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the recipes. I'm finally getting around to reading some blogs this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great of your to share the recipes Sam :) I recently found a recipe for tortilla chicken soup too that I'd like to try! It's VERY handy to have all your recipes on your side bar!! I just have to remember to back up my blog now and then for a "just in case"! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've printed out the Torilla Soup recipe (since it's THE BEST!) And I love that embroidered tea towel! And the book cover for The Reluctant Cook. I feel transported back in time, and it feels awfully good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!