Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Wednesday - 03/21/2018

 Spring has sprung.......in the Ozarks anyway and soon coming to a neighborhood near you!
This is my Bradford Pear.............
Forsythia...................
day lilies..................
and clematis...............
My sugar maple is getting ready to 'leaf out'.........and the woods in the background are all green.....
I spent the afternoon outside...burning brush and branches that were all over the yard from winter....it was a beautiful day out and I got the yard 'picked up' and a little weeding done....basically dead ones from last year........you can tell by that circle how much of a pile I had to burn!
I even brought my knitting out for when I took a break.  Picking up the yard is a back breaker!  But it felt good to be outside and it was cool enough to work out in it without breaking a sweat! LOL!  That won't last though!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  I finished several books and I can't remember which ones I told you about so if I repeat myself, I apologize.  The first two were not to my liking especially the first one.........
The second one was very well written and read like a fairy tale..it was a fictional account of a fictional person's life.....really?  When real people are so much more interesting in my opinion.

I also finished these 2 which were both very good.............the first one was the best nature book I ever read and I've read a lot of them!
This one is a series...mysteries in the U.K. that I just love and the plots are so unique.....no 'recipe" mystery here and no graphic violence to speak of.  This is book #3............

Right now I am still reading  this non-fiction about Pope Francis.  It is about mercy but it is an interview by a religious reporter.....not what I was expecting but still love his views..........
I started the 2nd book in the Outlander series.  Can anyone tell me if the first season of the t.v. series covers the first book?  I want to watch it but I don't want to get ahead of my reading.......
 I hope you enjoyed your Wednesday and what's left of it! I really had a wonderful day.  BTW, I ran out of corned beef to go with the rest of my vegetables so I ran to the store and bought another one that is cooking as I write........smells heavenly!
Happy Trails!!!



14 comments:

  1. Wow! Spring really has sprung in your neck of the woods. Not here. We’re lucky to get into the low 50s some days and nothing blooming yet, but I have hope. I haven’t read any of those books. I’ve been terrible about reading anything except my Bible lately. Enjoy your corned beef!
    Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Bible makes me doze off! LOL! I'm reading it cover to cover and I'm in Chronicles where they list all the tribes and sons of sons. We were in the 50's last week and it has gotten down to below freezing some nights but it warms up by noon to the 60's which is perfect for working outside.

      Delete
  2. I like nature books so I'll put that one on my reading list! Love your Spring blossoms! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, I remember what Spring should look like. We woke up to 6 inches of snow in Northern Ohio. Mother Nature seems a little confused!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd trade one of my days for a good old fashioned blizzard! LOL! I would stay home though....I wouldn't go out in it unless to make a snow person!

      Delete
  4. I have a long handled picker upper and use it to pick up twigs to put in the wheelbarrow...but that project is weeks away yet. Love to see all your blooms:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea although it's probably good exercise for me but for when I can no longer do it I will remember that gadget! I need to get a wheelbarrow too! LOL! I always do things the hard way.

      Delete
  5. So nice to see your springtime pictures. We are a bit behind you. I have a couple of crocus blooming, but that's it. Still, it's been lovely and sunny most of the last few weeks, so can't complain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My family all live in Iowa so I keep track of the weather up there and my daughter and the grands have gone hiking several times and then it snowed again but it won't last. Happy Springtime to you! I've missed your blogging!

      Delete
  6. Oh gosh it's Thursday isn't it? LOL...I lose track of the days, which I think is a good thing! Congrats on picking up the yard! I do the leaves each spring and it's also back breaking. We can't burn them here so I have to put them in bags for the composter to pick up. I can't wait to start my own composting when we settle! Spring is definitely in your neck of the woods, it looks so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured I would give all my Northern friends a picture of what's in store for you all SOON!!! This is the time when I have to get out because summers here are too hot for me! Even Fall here is way too warm but Spring is perfect here!

      Delete
  7. It trips me out when I read about ppl burning their weeds or whatnot. Here in CA that's a big no-no b/c of spare the air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They won't pick it up in the garbage so we don't have much choice. We have plenty of clean air here! LOL! What's wrong with your air? You don't have big industry there or anything? I love the smell of the wood smoke and if we didn't burn it would overtake us with all the trees here!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!