Saturday, February 17, 2018

Feeling better, treasures and a cozy Hygge day!

  "I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." - Albert Einstein
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Remember this soup I made the other day but hadn't eaten yet?  Well, it was delicious and so good for you!  Here's the link
 It's from Skinny Ms and I may be trying more of her recipes!  There are instructions for stovetop and slow cooker.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sent away for  a bag of fabric scraps from Little Skein in the Big Wool.  I have always wanted to try those scrap bags you see out there but I was leery.  But I love everything she sells so I decided to take a chance and boy am I glad I did!  I got the most beautiful fabrics and she delivered way more than she promised for sure!  There are fat quarters but there are also yardages!  All for $10.00...I kid you not!  I am so thrilled!  Her fabrics are specially commissioned for her kits and book related projects.  Take a look....
 Isn't that amazing?  I am going to subscribe to her subscription box come March...it is $35 but only every other month for the mini box.  I'm going to give it a try as I love all her projects and products.  Take a look at her other offerings here
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 I had a wonderful day today.........I slept great last night, no pain today and I got lots of chores done.  Looking forward to cuddling up in my bed with my knitting and some t.v. and maybe some sewing tomorrow!?!  We shall see.  Thank you for all your prayers, blessings, good wishes and tips!  I know it really helped!
Happy Trails!!!!







 





14 comments:

  1. Nice looking fabric! I hope Miss Grace is doing okay! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, we have a set back and she's back to not eating. Today I will need to give her her pills again and force feed the Urgent Care...thank goodness I have some left.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I’m so glad to hear you’re feeling better! Those fabrics are just lovely. I sat at my sewing machine for about 2 1/2 - 3 hours yesterday and ended up with back spasms so bad I had to go to bed to relieve them. I get so frustrated because I so love to sew and my back just won’t let me do it. It will be fun to see what you make with your new fabric. Take care of yourself Sandra. Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch...that's awful! Maybe shorter periods of time? Yes, it is frustrating when you can't do what you love. I would just do short stints at the machine? A different chair? My desk chair is the one I love as my kitchen chairs are too hard even with cushions. I hope you are better today! Getting older is not for the faint of heart! LOL!

      Delete
    2. Yes, the spasms were gone when I got up yesterday. I have tried three different chairs with the same result. My problem is that I lose track of time when sewing and think, “just one more seam, or, I’ll just do the pockets.” Well, you know what happens then. :-)
      Blessings,
      Betsy

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better too. Love those fabrics! I never can resist pretty cloth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leigh. Hopefully I will be able to continue feeling better and get over to visit everyone and "catch up"! I hope everything is good at your homestead.

      Delete
  4. I love that fabric! I'm going to follow your link to see more about her! Enjoy your day my friend. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like all the fabric is sold out but I'll check back on the site again sometime. I love these pretty prints! If you see anything on sale, let me know! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I am excited to see what you are going to make with all that lovely fabric. I am sure it will be fantastic what ever it is. You are so talented!

    I am glad to hear you are feeling better. I will continue to pray you continue to feel good.

    I like Skinny Ms recipes and the other one I use a lot is Skinnytaste. Between the two of them, I seldom repeat a recipe around here unless we really love something and want it over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sam!!! :) I'm SO glad you're feeling better and feeling Hygge!! :) That soup does look comforting. And those fabrics! I love the Pooh and the trees!!! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. By the way...for the pizza, we have a stone too. It's basically always in the oven. I preheat the oven to 500 degrees, once it's ready, I slide the EMPTY pizza dough into the oven on the stone for 1 minute. I do have a pizza peel (the paddle) so I put some flour on it so it slides right off. THEN I add the toppings and it's about 5-6 minutes depending on how many toppings I have. Usually I broil it for a minute or so to get the cheese all bubbly and brown!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I'm answering you here, though I always respond to my comments! For Instagram, yes! You can upload from your computer. I use Chrome, and there is an extension called "Downloader For Instagram" that I installed and it works pretty well to upload photos. I think it's easy to use, though sometimes I use my phone too. I joined Instagram for the drawing and the art stuff: www.instagram.com/rainfrancesgarden/. I like it though, I've been posting food stuff too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some cute fabric pieces there. Is there any kind of homeopathic method to helping your pancreas?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!