Sunday, December 24, 2017

YOP Week #26 and Blogmas Day #24

 I keep forgetting what day it is!  I knew it was Christmas Eve but I forgot it was Sunday and YOP!!!  What a great combo!  I'll be watching Santa and his reindeer tonight with the Norad Santa Tracker....my grandson Uriah will call me and we will track Santa!
 It's also Little Bobbin's annual Christmas Eve cast on!  I still need to wind the rest of my yarn and I think I have decided not to use Dani's Christmas Tree pattern even though I bought it but my yarn will not do the pattern justice so I will knit her socks after my vanilla Christmas socks.  In case you didn't see her sock pattern here it is....so pretty!
My camera broke so there won't be much visible evidence of my YOP progress until I get a new one.  You'll just have to take my word for it.  You didn't miss much this week as I've just been working on my Cozy Memories Blanket and have 2 more 4 square rows done yet when I measure it...it still looks like I have 4 more rows to go just like last week.....huh? 
I have been making a list of what projects I am wanting to do in 2018 though.  I have to settle myself down as I get so excited about all the great projects out there!  Once again, I am going to try and stick with a project for me, a gift (with no deadline though!), a charitable gift, a t.v. project (most probably my CMB) and of course, socks.  I want to do the Christmas Eve cast on, the Box of Socks for 2018 (I have yet to reach 12 pairs in a year) and I am going to save for a David's Tea Advent calendar and a Maker's Haven Advent calendar for next year.....or if I start dyeing my own yarn maybe I can make my own advent yarn calendar?  So many possibilities!  The Bakery Bears have several KALS starting in January and I found a beautiful sweater pattern by Joji Locateli where all the proceeds go to fund a community school for babies and infants in Argentina.  Here's a link to the pattern and no matter when you purchase it 100% of the funds will always go to that school.....forever!  What a gal she is!  I love the sweater as it is one that has lots of positive ease which I need!  This sweater is going on my list for sure.....as soon as I finish my other one! LOL!  Thank you, Joji for all you do!
Next week...maybe I'll have a new camera although it might be awhile but I will have my YOP list updated on my blog, my projects on Ravelry updated and hopefully a new yarn journal to keep track of it all!  BTW, the pattern is called All The Love!
 I'm off now to make French toast casserole for breakfast tomorrow, artichoke dip and shrimp cocktail for tonight along with a hot eggnog toddy with spiced rum and a warm fire to cast on my Christmas Eve socks!
 I'll also be watching Christmas Eve services on t.v. after tracking Santa with Uriah, of course.  I wish you all the merriest and happiest Christmas ever and don't forget the reason for the season.....our dear savior's birth.  Blessings to all!
Happy Trails!!!
P.S.  It snowed here this morning!!!  I almost missed it!  It is long gone now but it was here and I saw it!!!  It covered my car and all the trees but not the grass....it must have been too warm.   My family in Iowa got a white Christmas today too along with my hometown which looks very similar to the picture above.  Yes, I'm homesick.
 

13 comments:

  1. I am going to do box of socks this year too! That sweater pattern looks wonderful. And yes, the reason for the season is what it is all about.
    We are expecting snow this afternoon so we have the groceries in and knitting with Christmas shows will be just the ticket. I will walk to the midnight service if the snow indeed comes. It is not too far. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You won't have a problem with your box of socks...me, on the other hand am the slowest knitter in the land! LOL! Lucky you for a full larder and snow on the way! Also, how nice to be able to walk to services...maybe in the snow! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas. It's been a great year getting to know you and your wonderful projects.

      Delete
  2. I’ve said for the past two years that I wanted to do the box of socks but then I start giving away all of them soon I never have enough kept at the end of the year. We’re supposed to get more snow tonight too. Since we already have snow on the ground it could have passed us by. :-). Merry Christmas my friend. Enjoy your evening tonight tracking g Santa.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wait until you have 12 in your box...take a picture and then you can give them all away! LOL! Stay cozy and warm and enjoy this holy night!

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas Sam. You always have lofty crafting goals but as you say, there's so many possibilities. My goal each and every year is to stay on track with all that I want to do, but somehow I always seem to slowly let things fall to the wayside. Here's to peace and balance in the new year. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you too dear friend. I haven't been the best at keeping up with my blog friends. Each year I get older and slower! What's that saying? "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"? That may be me! LOL! Did your boys make it home for Christmas? Yes, I am all for peace and balance and if it wasn't for my faith I would have thrown in the towel long ago especially with you know who running the show in D.C.....very scary! I think there are too many people in DC that are afraid to say "the emperor is wearing no clothes"! Enjoy your holiday and hugs and blessings to you and your family!

      Delete
  4. Merry Christmas! It sounds like the new camera will be your Christmas present to yourself. :) Mine is a new hard drive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas to you too! It's so funny...every time I think I have a little spare change and I think about buying something for myself (something fun like fiber or fabric) then something breaks and there goes my 'fun' purchase. But, I have many blessings and much to be thankful for so that puts it all in perspective! The best of the coming New Year you also!

      Delete
  5. It's so heartwarming to read that the proceeds from the sale of the pattern you'll soon be making all go to such a good cause. And what a cute sweater! You must get a new camera so we can see how your sweater comes along. And I had to chuckle at the picture of the woman working in her kitchen. I'm currently reading a book where that is the cover photo. It's called From Hardtack to Home Fries (An Uncommon History of American Cooks and Meals). The book is an interesting read. But I love the photo as it's very much what I picture my own grandmother would have looked like working in her early 20th century kitchen. I hope you had a lovely Christmas, friend. And had fun tracking Santa with your grandson. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a line up for your Christmas, Sandra. That hot toddy with eggnog and spiced rum in it sounds divine. I hope Uriah gets his package soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a lovely Christmas! :) Looking forward to some pictures once you get a new camera sorted. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you got some snow Sam!!! :) Just in time even though it's long gone! :) I love the advent yarn calendar idea...I have so many ideas for the next year...I have to organize my thinking because I'm all over the place lol! I'm glad you're getting a new camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well dang it.........I now have another sweater pattern in my library. I really like the looks of this one. I too, need LOTS of positive ease in my sweaters. I think I would make it a bit longer though to go with my leggings. Some things need to be hidden LOL. Box of socks.......It would take me more than a year to complete 12 pair of socks though. I am so slow when I knit them. I love making them and always have some on my needles, but they are more of a take along project for me. So, if I am home all the time, then they don't get as much love as they should. Too many irons in the fire I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!