Monday, December 11, 2017

I'm still around but barely!

I am so sorry I haven't blogged or replied or visited but evidently the planet Mercury is in retrograde and although I didn't know it at the time it explains a lot! I have been sick and it is the first time in 8 years!  So, how can I complain, right?  But I have so much to do and I am dragging around.  I keep thinking every day I will feel better but every night I have terrible sinus drainage that makes me gag and cough and not sleep until nigh onto morning.  I am eating chicken noodle soup, I have throat lozenges and I make myself hot honey and lemon tea to drink but it is not working as well as I would like.  It makes me feel a little better but once I lie down I'm toast again and I don't feel that great during the day either. 
I was going to make Andy Paulson's chicken soup but I don't feel well enough to expend the effort so Campbells has been my go to chicken noodle soup.
The reason I mentioned Mercury Retrograde is that this isn't the only thing going down around here.  My printer has been failing but at least it would print in gray scale but no more.....then my tablet stopped taking a charge so there went my books and patterns.  Then I got sick and I have a 6 month doctor appointment tomorrow.....timely probably so I thought I would take a nice hot bath and hit the sack early after some more chicken soup but alas there is no hot water!  I took a cold bath and decided NOT to wash my hair.  I then called the plumber to see how much a new water heater would cost (after all it is over 40 years old)  and he is out of town!  I've been trying to still work on presents but then today I ran out of some material needed to finish.  But I am going to Mountain Home tomorrow for blood work and doctor so I guess I will stop at Hobby Lobby (not really what I wanted to do but hey.....it's Christmas!)  I hope your lead up to the season is going better than mine! LOL! 
Again, I apologize for being absent but I am just barely keeping my head above water here. 
Take care and Happy Trails!!!

9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Sam, talk about Murphy's Law over and over! It's true though, you shouldn't be doing anything too important during Mercury's retrograde. The timing kind of sucks though. I hope you get well soon! What a crappy time of year to get sick! I, crossing my fingers, haven't been sick since 2014, well, I mean a cold or flu sick. I hope that streak lasts. Make yourself a nice hot rum toddy. I know you aren't a big liquor drinker, but a mini bottle of rum is all you need with some honey, lemon, cinnamon and boiling water. It helps me sleep and also makes me feel all warm inside. That or a little glass of brandy and I'm usually on my way to feeling better again!

    I haven't blogged in a week now, I just can't find the time. I think we're all in the same boat! Feel better, I hope the doc appointment goes well! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good golly gee wilickers......you have had a time of it. Hot water heater.......Home Depot and they will install too. We went through them and they were very reasonable. Illness......I agree with Rain......hot toddy is the way to go. Tablets and printers......sams club or walmart.

    I hope you feel better very soon. This is a horrible time to get yucky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I am so sorry you’ve had so much bad luck recently. It sounds like it may be the flu you have a not just a cold. I hope the doctor can give you some good pointers tomorrow. Home Depot does a great job with hot water heaters. We had to get a new one a few years ago and they came right out and took care of it. It was almost painless except writing the check. Ha ha! I’ll be praying that you’re soon back to your old self. I never could keep up with you! Blessings, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering why you had not posted and I am sorry to hear all the reasons why! Gosh, when it rains it pours :( Hope the doctor can prescribe something to get you back on your feet. Take it easy and rest, rest, rest. Hope you get a call from the plumber and the Ipad miraculously heals itself!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I'm so sorry, Sandra. When it rains it pours. Please baby yourself and I hope the hot water heater situation has a soon remedy. Hugs, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you feel lots better today and well enough to get out and do the things you need to do. We had a 'challenging' day yesterday but not as hard as you had! I sent you a little something...it's just second hand so ignore the writing in the inside page. You always give so much to your family. Please don't send me anything my friend. Feel better soon! Holiday hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no no no - this is not how it is supposed to be.
    I hope you start feeling better soon and then you can tackle everything else.
    Take very good care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear you're feeling so poorly, Sandra. And no hot water?!? Oh friend... That is just too much. I hope you get better soon. Take care. {{Hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you get Hot Water soon...I bet you are heating it on the stove like the olden days:(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!