Thursday, December 14, 2017

I think I'll live!!!

This is the first day I have felt decent in over a week.  Plus, get this, I have been napping for 2-3 hours every afternoon!  But it did me well as I feel like I am back among the living finally.  So, today I am trying to catch up as usual..........even when I haven't been sick I am behind so you can imagine how far behind I am now! LOL!
I had thrown together some refrigerator cinnamon rolls yesterday morning.....here's the recipe 
I was watching Maker's Haven podcast and she made some.  I am loving refrigerator recipes like refrigerator cookies etc.  Martha Stewart has a whole bunch of them here  which I will be trying out.  Great for Christmas baking too.
Anyway.......I baked the cinnamon rolls this morning..........
  Once in the pan you let them rise again...........
and then bake them off..............you can make frosting for them but they were fine without which I prefer..........I just have a small sweet tooth..........
then I put together the Andy Paulson chicken soup for sick people...lol!  I figured it would boost my immune system a bit and it is also adding humidity into the air....a little side benefit of making soup in the colder months....this pot full will simmer for several hours and then be drained off, cooked pasta added and the chicken cut up and added back in..........there's a whole chicken at the bottom of that pot!
So, now back to finishing those Christmas presents!  How is your Christmas shopping, making, cooking, baking and decorating going?  Thank you for all your good wishes too!  I think it helped!
Happy Trails!!!

17 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling better. I'm going to bake cinnamon rolls next week for my hubby. Holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I'm glad I'm feeling better too....I am not a good or patient patient! LOL! Your holiday decorations really lifted my spirits.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sam :)))
    So nice to see you up and about! :) I'm glad you're feeling better. Sleeping is so necessary when we're sick isn't it? Your body needs time to heal and restore itself! The cimmanin buns looks great lol...even at my age, I have trouble saying that word ha ha.

    I did some baking, tonight is our monthly anniversary fondue night :) I'm about to start on that. Decorating, card making, and just overall enjoying the snow from the INSIDE of the house, it's -21 today, that's -5F and even the dogs can't handle it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrr! That is cold! Glad you are warm and cozy inside....a great time for baking and cooking. Fondue sounds so good!

      Delete
  3. Oh I’m SO glad you’re feeling better. I saw that Maker’s Haven podcast and drooled over the cinnamon rolls. Your soup looks delicious and is sure to help your immune system. Keep resting my friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betsy...me too. I have miles to go before I sleep but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you are on the mend! Just take it slow and take your time getting back in your groove. I hope your chicken works wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're gonna live another day lol. I would be so sad if you weren't around to blog. Those rolls look so yummy. I might have to try them soon. I still need to make some cookies. I have a lot of family coming to town next.werkend and they all love sweets. Will be making some brownies too. So much to do. I am behind too because if Dr appointments for the past 2 weeks. But need to get that all done before the first of the year because of deductible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have missed blogging and my blogging friends! I would be sad if I couldn't read your posts too so I am glad to be back. I was fortunate to be able to have no charges when I went....I picked up my new lenses for my glasses (free), my 'wellness' visit was free and I only spent about $5 at Hobby Lobby to finish a present. The prescription was $13 but it worked wonders so I was more than happy to dish out for that! LOL! How fun that your family is coming...just don't work too hard!

      Delete
  6. So glad you're feeling better. Not a good time of year to be sick! Your cinnamon rolls look really good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leigh! You are so right...of all times to be sick but I am on the mend and hopefully will catch up with everything and everybody.

      Delete
  7. Didn't know you were sick, but glad you are feeling better. I haven't made cinnamon rolls in many years. I should make some soon. No Christmas present shopping here this year, but I plan to get a few more goodies baked and groceries bought for the festive meal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Katrina. You would like that recipe...it is from Taste of Home and very good. I might make a little cream cheese frosting to go on top but they are tasty without. I had no pecans or I would have added those too. In my mind, the food is the most important! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm...I can smell your baking and cooking all the way from California! I'm glad you're feeling better. I finally took a turn for the better. I hate being sick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. delicious baking sound you been doing my friend Sam:)

    glad you are feeling better ,please take great care of yourself and stay healthy on christmas to enjoy it with your family

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am glad you are feeling better aand those rolls look yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!