Monday, November 20, 2017

The Turkey has landed!!!

Still reading the same books so I'll skip Book Date for this week.  My days have been so full I just don't get much reading done before I start dozing off! LOL!  Plus, I went to Walmart today for groceries and the fixin's for Thanksgiving.....yes, the turkey has landed.......and here it is.....I also got everything necessary for the big feast so I don't have to go out now for weeks!  No Black Friday for me.....ever!  I'll go online but you will not catch me out and about that's for sure!
I did buy myself one little treat today.........I don't buy magazines all year but come the holidays I am a real sucker for them it seems.............if I can't work on any self projects right now, at least I can plan for them for after Christmas..........or get a head start on next year's gifts!
Remember my jar salads?  Which I still make and still love by the way..........well.........I found a breakfast jar recipe.............they're Blueberry Chia Overnight Oats by Ellie Krieger.  It makes 4 jars and you put them in the frig ready to grab in the morning or anytime you want a healthy snack.  I am really into this 'jar' stuff.  I'm going to be looking for more recipes like this!  I haven't tasted them yet but I will tomorrow and get back to you but meanwhile here's the link to the recipe  in case you're interested.......she has prettier jars than I do! LOL!
Here's a view from the top.............they were fun to make.  Like I said, I really like having these items on the ready...........
That's all for today but it was a great one!  It was pretty chilly when I left for the store but the sun was out and it got up to 61 which is my kind of weather!  All the groceries got put away and I made the chia oats and even did a bit of knitting this afternoon.  The girls are all fed so maybe I'll mosey on into the crafts room and see if I can make a little dent in there before I run out of steam! LOL!
Happy Trails!!!

10 comments:

  1. I have done the overnight oats before. I loved them.............hubby, not so much. I liked that I could eat them warm or cold too. I have yet to try the jar salads. Our nutritionist suggested them to us and I have yet to make them. Hubby is not that big of a daily salad eater, but I could eat salads everyday. I think I will get on that when I return from our trip. See..............you are inspiring me to be good and do better all the time.

    I normally do not do black friday shopping but...........this year I am going to 2 open houses that sell the clothing I like and see if they have a couple of pieces I am looking for, for gifts this year. Otherwise, I will be holed up in my cozy little house, knitting on little mittens.

    Sounds like you are all set for Thanksgiving dinner. I don't really care for the dinner but......the sandwiches afterwards are my favorite part. Ok, the pumpkin pie is pretty good for breakfast too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try those oats with the blueberries! And I'm with you....no shopping in the stores on Black Friday for me either. I may look online though! lol Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pay little attention to Black Friday, I agree. Your oats sound delish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those oats look very good. This is the second time this week I’ve heard about making oatmeal ahead of time. Maybe it’s a hint I should try it! Ha! I’m not doing any black Friday shopping either. Hubby has the day off and so we’re going to have lunch with some friends. I’m teaching her to make the communion bread for church. The guys can have a nice chat while we bake and then we’ll have lunch. That sounds like much more fun than shopping. I don’t do well with crowds anymore.
    Blessings always, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not shopping either:0 You have a wonderful Thanksgiving! I am thankful to have you for a blog friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you are all organised! I won’t be out shopping either....wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought one of those turkeys too! Better price than Aldi! The meals in a jar are wonderful. I hadn't thought about cereals, but that's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sam :) Your title made me giggle. I hope that your Thanksgiving really went well and you're not too exhausted!! Your breakfast jars look great. I wonder if you'll become the "jar lady"...every meal from a jar from now on lol...just kidding. I think it's a great way to save time and prep! Omg...it's not even Thanksgiving here and they still have Black Friday sales...I would never be caught out in that let me tell you. "Red Thursday", "Black Friday" and "Black Weekend" is what they call it...silly marketing schemes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, that turkey breast is b-i-g! My husband laughed at our bird, how it had big breasts and little wings and legs. Do you eat your salads out of the jars? It doesn't seem cramped in there when you're trying to mix everything around?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blog was absolutely fantastic!
    Great deal of great information & this can be useful some or maybe the other way.
    Keep updating your blog,anticipating to get more detailed contents.
    ตารางคะแนนพรีเมียร์ลีก

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!