Saturday, November 11, 2017

Craft day turned into cleaning day...........

Yesterday was a loss as I went to Walmart.  I get my daily chores done but not much else.  I was so tired after unloading the groceries that I put away the perishables and left the rest for this morning!  I had cheese, summer sausage and crackers for supper and to think I thought I would make supper when I came home! Ha!  Who was I kidding?  But in my defense, I had been up since 3:30 a.m. and it was going on 5:00 p.m.  I did get a few treasures..........this magazine has the cutest little wool Christmas ornaments that look like tags but if I want to make them I will have to get one of those metal eyelet punchers.....I've wanted one for other things but not sure how much they cost and there are different sizes....I'll have to see.............
  I had to refresh my candles and melties....tis the season!  Plus it is so Hygge
 and some yarn, of course................there's a shawl I want to make after gifts are done and it calls for 2 skeins of Mandala by Lion Brand...I can't remember the name of it now but this yarn disappears fast so I have to grab it when I can...............
and a new litter box for Grace.....the one she has is too shallow.......
This morning the sky was on fire and they usually say "pink sky at morning, sailor's warning' but it is a beautiful day....a bit chilly.....high 50's maybe low 60's now but it was 30 F when I got up....yes, at 3:30 a.m. and no, the sun was not up at all .....this picture was taken later...........
I spent the morning putting the groceries away, daily chores and I did a load of laundry.  Then instead of 'crafting' I was wanting to clean up and organize my crafts room.  You know it's time when you can't find your supplies or patterns and they are so 'all over the place'.  I am too embarassed to show you any 'before' pictures but take my word for it.....you can barely walk into the room for all the stacked plastic containers.   So.........I think the containers are not such a good idea as they take up room unless you can fit them on shelving somehow.  So, I decided to use an empty dresser in the guest room......for my acrylic that I am utilizing in the Cozy Memories Blanket.  I put all the variegated in one drawer and the solid colors in the other.  This is all worsted weight acrylic yarn.
 This alone will make my life so much easier as before they were in a giant, deep plastic container which I had to root around in whenever I needed a new color.....now they are easy to see and grab and I don't tangle them up by my 'rooting'!  The CMB is making a good dent in my acrylic stash too!
  I also finished cleaning the bookcase which needs a paint job and so do the red Dollar Tree baskets I got but that will be next summer....for now they seem to deter Miss Peeps and I have some odd and ends in them and also some quantity yarn (several skeins of the same color). 
I was able to clear some of the crafts room but I have "miles to go before I sleep".......you can see where some of the containers were sitting.  I'm hoping to move a bookcase in here to house more bins with yarn so I can see what is where when I need it along with books and patterns.
Not sure I'll have much to show for YOP this week but having a functional crafts room will be so worth it!  What were you up to today?  I'm off to make supper.....Hellman's Parmesan Chicken with broccoli and sweet potato.  It' s a great and tasty recipe and it's on their website.....easy to prepare too!
I hope you enjoy your Saturday night!
Happy Trails!!!


10 comments:

  1. Hi Sam :)) I NEVER want to cook on shopping day, I always buy some cheese and cold cuts and bread...Alex and I snack as we unpack and put things away, it's become a monthly tradition! You have so much beautiful yarn, I was just thinking today that I would love to have a wall of yarn that I can just walk by and say..."today I want to knit something green"...and there's my yarn!! :) Good luck on your organizing! Enjoy your dinner, it sounds yummy! We're having Mexican tonight. Papas Fritas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea what I was thinking about making dinner! Crazy! the yarn I have is from years ago and a lot of it is the old scratchy acrylic that will be good for a blanket but not much else. Today's acrylics are much softer and nicer. But "waste not, want not" so I will use it up and it keeps me from buying too much more yarn! LOL! The dinner was yummy and I will be back organizing and cleaning today...company coming always keeps me honest! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Sweet potatoes are so good for you! I did odds and ends all day...would rather be crafting but I had to clean my area up some first! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you know that the orange ones are yams and if they are white inside then they are true sweet potatoes. I heard that the other day from a Marsha who learned it from her nutritionist. I asked when I went to Walmart and the produce guy said they had them in the week before but they sold out and only had yams so I got the yams. Who knew?
      I know, it was getting to me with all my crafts and supplies. I'm hoping to get organized this year! LOL!

      Delete
  3. I am putting sweet potatoes on our menu for next week. We love them. Well, all of us but one daughter. I got a ton of outdoor work done on Saturday. I am not crafting much, but I did get some crochet work done last night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've not gotten too much crafting in either except at night when I crash in front of the t.v.! LOL! The in-between seasons like Spring and Fall are so busy! There's holidays and cleaning yet when the weather cooperates you need to go outside and take advantage of it. I fully understand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet potatoes make incredible French Fries! I never thought of putting my yarn in drawers but you've inspired me so may give it a go at the weekend. You're always such a busy lady. I admire you for it. Thank you for calling 'over' to mine. I really appreciate it. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. E and I have to get the girls closet systems so they'll have more room in their rooms. I plan to take the two dressers, have E use one and I'd put my yarn in the other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your red baskets! :) You have been busy as a bee:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!