Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Got my 3 priorities done and more!!!

I awoke really early this morning and got the girls out which was great because then it thundered and started raining so at least they got out before the storm!  What a cozy morning to lay in bed with a cup of coffee and write in my journal.
Once I got up and got going though I made come cranberry orange cookies..............I got the recipe from All Recipes and there are several out there.  Very good except I did leave off the powdered sugar frosting as that is too much sugar for me plus extra work! LOL!  They have craisins, pecans , orange juice and orange zest in them.....YUM!  My daughter makes these all the time and everyone always asks her to make them for any 'event' they have at school or church so you know they're good!
 I also got the second coat on the back wall of the old entry closet which is now going to be a vestibule?  Anyway, I took the closet doors off and cut out the carpeting and today I ran out of paint!  But it is moving along after a long hiatus!  There will be a shelf and a small dresser in there I think or else hooks to hang coats and leashes and a tray filled with rocks for boots and shoes.....I haven't quite decided yet.  I still have to put 2 coats on those side walls, paint the shelf and the floor.  The floor is plywood so I will paint it with old fashioned gray porch paint.....anything is better than carpeting!  Yes, they even carpeted the closets and right up to the front door...white carpeting no less!  What?  Were they nuts?  These were my parents and yes, they were a little different from me...okay, they were a lot different from me! LOL!
I also finished the foot of my first toe-up sock......now onto the heel!   Wish me luck!
BTW....I've been eating some Johnsonville 3 Cheese Italian Style Chicken Sausage that is out of this world!  I discovered it at my local grocery store and it is so good!  I had it on a hotdog bun with some mustard and roasted red peppers and it was delish!  30-60 seconds in the microwave with a paper towel over it and it's ready!  I highly recommend!  I also was able to get some delicious sweet corn to go with it.....lucked out on that corn..I think it must have come from Iowa! LOL!
I hope you had a great day  and go ahead and have another one tomorrow!
Happy Trails!






14 comments:

  1. Wow, white carpeting.............my parents did that too. Must have been a thing in their later years. Those cookies look yummy. Must have been a baking day, as that is what I did here too. I have to ask............do you stick your fingernail into a kernal of corn before you buy it? My family is all from Iowa and that is how we were taught to tell if the corn was any good. If it splurts juice out when popped, it is good for the table. If not, leave it to rot at the store. LOL You are doing fantastic on your sock. It will be done very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! You pull the leaves back from the stalk and check the looks of it and then stick your finger in it! LOL! In fact, while I was doing just that at the store, a lady walked by and said she had bought some and eaten it and it was delicious so it tested out in 2 ways! I didn't know your family was from Iowa...small world! I was surprised to get such good corn down here but very grateful as I was missing it!

      Delete
  2. White carpeting! I have never understood white carpeting. I like the color that you chose for your vestibule. I also like the idea of the tray with rocks for shoes and boots. Those cookies look wonderful. I fear I haven't been very good on my diet this week. Sugar has been calling my name. We haven't had any sweetcorn yet this year. They wanted $.55 for one ear at the grocery store! That's insane! I'm going to have to give in and buy it at least once though. Hubby loves corn on the cob. Have a lovely day my friend.
    Blessings always, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Down here it was 3 ears for $1.00 and they were big ears and delish! IT only lasts so ling so grab it while you can....it's worth it if it's good corn....such a treat! Your hubby deserves it and so do you!

      Delete
  3. I wish you lived closer to me. I'd love to learn to knit socks (keep saying that for years and years, ha ha!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I did too but I am no teacher! Just ask my children! LOL! I actually took tutorials from Very Pink on Ravelry and You Tube....they're about $8 and she is excellent and you get the pattern and then the supporting videos which you can go back and retake forever if need be. Also, Craftsy is a great place to learn just about anything and they have sales on their classes all the time. I am a visual learner so they really help me plus there are also free classes on You Tube for whatever you want to learn. No excuses now! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the priorities done!! The cookies sound yummy, I need to make some more soon. I don't have it in me to do any kind of painting these days. Maybe it's because I know I'm renting...our kitchen could use a tune up but I don't even want to bother! Your sock looks great, good luck on the heel!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you....I just want to sell this place so I am trying to make it look good but I have my work cut out for me and a big garage sale Sept 9th! I got past the heel but I'm not sure I care for this method but I'll make a couple pair before I pass judgement.

      Delete
  5. A good blogpost which was enjoyable to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Treey! I wish I could share those cookies with you!

      Delete
  6. Glad you got rain so many places have no rain! The cookie look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm grateful but it is hotter than a firecracker on the 4th of July! Ick! I am ready for cool temps, rain and Fall weather! LOL! Wish I was up North as it would come a lot quicker!

      Delete
  7. Your cookies look very tempting!! You could get one of those shelves with hooks attached underneath. I love the colour you've chosen. Great socks they will become!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There is a shelf already that sits on those brackets on the side but I could still do that...or not put the shelf in and just put the hooks on the side brackets...we shall see but I like your idea!

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!