Tuesday, August 22, 2017

A New Schedule for my blog..........

I am a list person, a planner and I like a schedule so to that end I am going to try and schedule each day of the week for a different blog topic but the weeks will be the same.  Here's a little preview.......

Sunday will be the Year of Projects which is all about crafting and handmade
Monday will be Book Date and all related topics
Tuesday will be cleaning and organizing
Wednesday will be decorating
Thursday will be recipes, cooking and baking
Friday will be fun and shopping
Saturday will be outdoors (weather permitting)

What do you think?  Please give me your thoughts on this.  It will help me to be accountable for all those areas so it is a little bit of a motivator for me.  It may not always go according to plan like today;  I had to go to Mountain Home to the foot doctor but my toe is healing well, no more soaking and dressing every day and I don't have to go back unless there's a problem.  Yay!  It took all morning but I was back by 12:30 as storms were expected (nothing yet and it is 2:30!)  I was going to stop at Lowes and get a new garbage can but decided to fore go to miss any storms. 
This post will not include daily chores just special projects and today there won't be much but I did make some progress.........this is a dirty wall in my laundry room..........a really dirty wall as there was an accordion style peg unit that was there and I took it down.  This was not easy as my father had evidently nailed it into the wall with headless nails that took a kitchen knife and a claw foot hammer to get it off the wall.  I forgot to take a before picture and it went out in the garbage today so it is already 'gone'!  Yay!  I'm starting in the laundry room but really it will be the hardest room as I can't move the washer or dryer or the water softener that is in there.  I know what needs to be done but it's 'logistics'! LOL!  There is also a door to the outside in there and a linoleum floor that Annie chewed up when she first arrived here.  Woe is me!  If I had money I would just hire it done but right now it is not the priority.  But I will forge ahead and get it as clean and organized as I can right now.  This was the first step.
I also cleaned my cleaning tote and restocked it with my essentials and rags so it's ready to go.  I do need more spray bottles which I will pick up next time I go to the Dollar Tree.  I make almost all my own cleaning supplies and laundry detergent.  At some point I will publish the recipes for those on my sidebar for those who might be interested.
Some of the resources I have found that I really like for cleaning are:
I would highly recommend you get the book version though and not the Kindle as it is really a reference after you read the book and it is difficult on my tablet to go back and find areas in the book.  Maybe a real Kindle is different but I have an Acer tablet.  I also love Debbie Nobodyneedstoknow videos on You Tube which are excellent for specific cleaning jobs.  Both of these gals have their own cleaning services and if they don't know nobody does! LOL!
I also printed off cleaning checklists from Martha Stewart 
These are really helpful to remind me of what to clean and when.
Another very helpful site was this one
about cleaning top to bottom.  When it comes to organizing I don't think anyone can top this book.......by A Bowl Full of Lemons....a pretty famous blogger............again, I got this on my tablet but I would suggest the hard copy for books like this...........it is excellent!
 That's it for my first post about cleaning and organizing.......I know I didn't get a lot done today but I did do something and it may be baby steps but I call it progress! LOL!
If you have any books, resources or suggestions for me please let me know.  Am I the only one that struggles to keep my house clean and organized?  Any tips would certainly be appreciated!
Happy Trails!


 

 

9 comments:

  1. Wow, you are organized! I'm so jealous! I try, but having to be away from home for 40 hours a week, not to mention a one hour commute ...well my time is limited and I would rather spend time creating artwork than organizing.

    But I will share one tip with you. I try to deep clean one room a day and then just straighten up the other rooms. That way at least once a week each room gets a thorough cleaning and the others get neaten up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not organized...you are! Working full time and commuting and you manage to deep clean a room a day? You are MY role model!

      Delete
  2. I have two places I love to go to for ideas on cleaning and on organization. First up is Fly Lady ( http://www.flylady.net/d/getting-started/flying-lessons/joining-flylady/ ). She has such a great way for you to clean your home and keep it that way. The next one is Creating Mary's Home ( https://creatingmaryshome.com/meet-mary/ ) This is the one I use for organizing. She also has a Facebook Page and it has lots of help on there for organizing and cleaning too. I have never bought anything from either of these sites and don't feel the need to. I did just purchase the book Sink Reflections, by the Fly Lady so I could have a reference book.

    I really like the idea of taking each day of the week and making a special blog post about that subject. I love your ideas and am looking forward to seeing what all you will be posting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for those sites! I followed Fly Lady years ago and I still 'shine my sink' each day! I've not heard of the other so I will definitely check it out. I pick up ideas from each one...you can never be too inspired to clean! LOL!

      Delete
  3. I can't believe that you can do seven blogs a week! I struggle to do one post. Of course much of the reason for that is limited Internet that Blogger won't let me use. I like the idea of the lists and I think I'll be looking up some of those books. I wonder if they're available at our library? Maybe that will be a stop that I do tomorrow when I head back into town. I don't have any big hints about cleaning. I never had trouble keeping up with things until I hurt my back. Now that silly 5 pound weight restriction limits me a lot.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think women that stayed home from the time their children were little learned gradually how to maintain their homes efficiently. I was a great cleaner and housekeeper at one time but then I got my career and was gone and hired a house cleaner and when I retired it was like having to learn everything all over again and I am still trying to get handle on all of it! LOL!
      My back is hurting today...I have no idea what I did but I have work to do so the Tylenol will be coming 'out of the closet'! LOL! Maybe we need to use more drugs as we age? LOL!

      Delete
  4. I think whatever schedule works for you is the best. I struggle with housework this time of year, only because one day of canning can take all my time. The kids have to help out for now. When they all move out, I won't have to can so much (or I hope so). Today I may be outside working. It depends on my pain level with the larger spider bite. I enjoying seeing your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea about the daily topics. I'm impressed you can get in a post per day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow organised is the word! I like your idea of different blog subjects for different days of the week. I think do whatever works for you. Whenever I try anything like that, the little rebel inside me tells me to stop being so organised! I hope your toe is better soon. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!