Wednesday, December 7, 2016

I have been off of the WWW for 3 days!

I had no pc, no t.v. (because I only use Roku through the internet), so I had no weather, no news and the tablet wasn't working either so no pod casts and I couldn't read my books.  I'm so glad I print off my knitting and crochet patterns or I would have really been up a creek without a paddle!  Evidently, Microsoft did an update which did not "jive" with the wireless router my telephone company provides.  It took them 3 days to get it fixed.  I was just starting to catch up with my blogging friends and then boom!  So, here I go again trying to catch up with everyone....I will but it might take a few days.  Meanwhile, I did some cleaning and decorating for Christmas here on the homestead.  Connie, can you see your little house and tree there...it's part of my Christmas village!  Last year I won a hand carved little house and tree from Connie over at  Far Side of Fifty.
The Christmas presents that I ordered are rolling in (for gifting to others) and I am so glad I got them ordered before the internet went south for 3 days!  I also ordered some books which are for gifts and for my Christmas! LOL!
 This is the first book in this series and my grandson Sam was asking for it.  I'm reading it just to make sure it's appropriate and so far so good.....I'm about half way finished with it.
I started reading the 2nd book by James Herriot......All Things Bright and Beautiful.....I loved the first one!  I have 2 books in one volume.
I also ordered the 3rd book in the Harry Potter series so I will be reading that over Christmas.
I am almost finished with this book and could hardly put it down.....not because it's a "thriller" or full of suspense but because it takes me to a beautiful place in the English countryside and is just a wonderful story.  This is the first in a series about Aunt Dimity by Nancy Atherton who is British.  Several years back I read a couple of the books but our library never has the whole series and this one really requires you to read the first book to see how everything starts.  So, I finally ordered it and now I need to order MORE! LOL!  It is just a sweet tale and at my age that is what I prefer.....no violence, no swearing, no "steamy" scenes.....just a gentle and happy story with tea and crumpets and English cottages.  Oh, there are mysteries involved, don't get me wrong and they are the kind that keep the light on and keep me turning the pages! 
I've gathered my Christmas magazines and books and next week I'll blog about some of my favorites but for now I'm reading this magazine from last year.  It's a little too "fancy" for me but I'll read it and pass it on.  I fell for the cover.....it seemed pretty old fashioned to me which is what I like.  
 This is leg #1 of 4 for the giraffe but no rush now...........and it's amazing how much more I am enjoying it because of that........
I also couldn't resist starting over on the linen stitch scarf with the right hook size this time! LOL!  What a difference and it's addictive.....very good for t.v. watching too which I will be doing tonight! What a treat after 3 days of silence and my own company!
 I made a couple quiches to get me through the week so I can focus on Christmas wrapping and cleaning and decorating.   I need to ensure those grand boys get their presents on time!
I hope all is going well and smoothly for you this holiday season and don't forget to enjoy yourself!
Happy Trails!




5 comments:

  1. That quiche looks delicious! And I can't wait to see your giraffe! Glad you are back online! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like your Christmas Village! The woodcarving got a good home! The Diary of a Wimpy Kid were favorite books of my grandson Adam a few years back. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quiche! I love quiche and your's looks delicious. Isn't it amazing how we get so immersed in the internet for everything. I have lots of books downloaded and I try to print out patterns too, just in case. Enjoy your preparations.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got a lot done in the 3 days your internet was down. I too, like reading the evryday life of fellow bloggers. Seems like, if you met them in person you would already know them.

    As for crockpot recipes.....mthe chicken and noodles I just winged it. I use Pinterest for recipes. Once I find one that sounds good, I redesign it with the spices I like. Tonight I did the pork chops in the oven. Ran out of time for the crockpot.

    Are you on pinterest? If not, I can send you some recipes if I can have your email address. Let me know what kinds if things you like and I eill make sure you get recipes for that. I half a lit of them, since there is just hubby and I at home

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOH! Quiche!!! Man, I'm glad you had fiber crafting to keep you busy and sane. Those damn updates. We just had the issue of the audio being jacked up, so low that at 100 I couldn't hear podcasts very well. My husband bought me a USB speaker that does the job. I LOVE your mantle.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!