Monday, June 6, 2016

What are you reading?

I finished some books this last week........
and this magazine..........
This book on socks is excellent and a great reference too.  I'll be knitting some socks this Year of Projects season from this book.  Ann Budd is a wonderful teacher and she really knows her socks!
If you read my blog regularly then you know I received this book this week and read from start to finish in one day!  I loved it!  Big plans utilizing this book!
This book was $%#&*!  It was about "cashing in" on her name but I could get so much more from Pinterest for free than I got out of this excuse of a book.  All pictures and all of professional artists and crafts people that make a good living from it and have become famous and wealthy.  There was even one room that had sliding walls so she could design her quilts.  Really?  They all had dedicated rooms and big ones too.  They were professional studios and not within anyone's budget that I could tell.  The author is Jo Packham who made her fortune publishing Where Women Create magazines.  I should have known when a publisher publishes her own book.
I love Sylvia Brown and she is such an uplifting person to listen to whether you believe in an afterlife or not.  She spent her life comforting and helping others.   I've known Sylvia since I was a little girl as my Mother would buy her horoscope magazines.  She came from humble and hard time beginnings and she definitely had "the gift".  This was my audio book that I finished. 
As for what I am currently reading...........I used to have a subscription to this magazine and I am still going through them along with many other magazines.  This is a good one with Real Simple ideas, meals and great tips on any subject you can imagine and the articles are short and to the point.
My fiction book is the 2nd book in the Harry potter series.............
for my non-fiction I am reading this classic by a master knitter.........
I haven't chosen another audio book yet but I'll let you know when I do. Today was laundry, hanging it outside, ironing and that was about it for the day.  It's supposed to be sunny all week so there will be catch up outside this week for sure!  A little rain and then sun makes for tall grass and weeds proliferating!  It's also spray painting season and I have lots to paint! 
I hope you are enjoying your books that you are reading.  You are reading I hope?
Happy Trails!




5 comments:

  1. I love the diversity in what you read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like you in that I read all different sorts of books which keeps it fresh and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not much reading for me this week. I managed to give myself a concussion on Saturday and reading makes the headache worse. I do like your choices though. Sorry about the disappointing one. I find that often with decorating magazines. We don't all have huge open concept rooms with unlimited cabinets and wall space. :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that one book wasn't worth it. Most women are on a budget and like bargains for a good buck. Ann Budd is awesome! I don't know what prompted me to buy her book for sock knitting but I am so glad I did. It is my favorite. I am slowly reading before bed. I'm trying to finish up the audio of Divergent right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!