Today I went and got gas for the mower and also blueberries to make my dogs some homemade treats. Nitty is allergic to wheat and beef so I make them several different kinds...this one is blueberry ......
· 1 1/2 cups oat flour
· 2 1/2 cups quinoa flour
· 3/4 cup flax meal
· 1/2 cup frozen, organic, unsweetened blueberries
· 1/4 cup olive oil
· 1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with a nonstick baking mat or parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients with 1 cup water to form a dough. Roll out mixture between two sheets of plastic wrap to 1/4-inch thick; remove plastic wrap and cut out biscuits with a 3 1/2-inch bone-shaped cookie cutter. Reroll scraps and continue cutting out biscuits.
3. Space biscuits 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes until nicely browned and firm.
4. Transfer biscuits to a wire rack. Turn off oven and place biscuits on wire rack in oven overnight. Remove from oven and store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
It calls for some unusual flours but I was able to get them on Amazon. They've lasted a long time.
I hope you had a good week and are planning on another one!