I just had to share this with you as it was so easy and so good! I cut the recipe in half but still used a 1/2 pound of bacon. I'm bad that way and I love bacon. Bacon is the reason I will never be able to be a vegetarian. There, I've said it. I used to just "doctor up" canned baked beans and had no real recipe but if you knew me you would say, "Sam, use a recipe", as they never turned out the same twice. So, I searched for the "best baked bean recipe" and I swear I found it! I got it from www.food.com and it had 5 stars from 68 people!
Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
The perfect addition to picnics and barbecues! Simple and delicious. Sure to become one of your favorites. My mother makes this for every family get together. Ham could be added, or more ketchup if desired, but try it this way first - you'll love it!
- Cut bacon into bite size pieces.
- Cook bacon in microwave, checking after each minute, or cook in a skillet, draining fat.
- Don't let it get crisp.
- Meanwhile, mix the remaining ingredients in a 3 quart casserole dish.
- Add bacon and mix a little.
- Bake uncovered for one hour at 350*.
- It's best if they set out to cool for one hour before you serve them.