I was on FB the other day and my cousin (who takes gorgeous nature photographs) posted a picture of a house for sale by owner. She said it was her nephew and they had a open house in Hanover where I want to live(my hometown). So, I chatted with her and she told me to call her nephew (who is also related to me) and he sent me pictures of the house. I'm having trouble with Windows 10 (again) and some files are zipped and it won't let me "unzip" them....ahhhh!!!!! But I will show you what I have so far. Tomorrow I will try and show you pictures of the upstairs and the front of the house.This is the view from the back yard and that farm was my cousins where I played as a child. We had so much fun in that barn jumping off onto hay piles (lucky we didn't break our necks) and swinging from ropes. Many close calls when I was little too! We rode shetland ponies all over that farm and pretended we were cowgirls/boys and Dale Evans and Roy Rogers and more! So, needless to say, to me the view is priceless. On top of that, it is now a horse rescue farm and I love horses and so did my cousin. I bought my first horse from him on that farm.
The Apple River runs behind the house but has never flooded EVER that I know of. We used to fish in it as kids.
downstairs? I think.........
all new everything
So far the positives are:
1. In town so I could walk to everything which would be great and healthy!
2. In my price range for not having to sell the house I'm in right now
3. Utility bills would be much cheaper as it is much smaller.
4. Get to pick out appliances
5. Important and expensive items all new (roof, windows, siding, furnace, bathrooms and kitchen, wiring and plumbing)
7. Original woodwork
8. slanted ceilings upstairs
9. clawfoot tub (I have always wanted!) upstairs
The negatives are:
1. Small yard for girls
2. No garage
3. No established trees yet I want sun for gardening too
4. Houses close next door and front view not terrific
5. No fireplace or wood burner although I could get one
6. Floors need work
7. Upstairs doors are new and not in keeping with the rest of the house
8. Have to buy all appliances
9. No driveway
This was so unusual that I even saw her post with the picture that I am thinking this is a "gift" to me as I have been praying about this for quite awhile now! It's the logistics that were driving me crazy and that nothing is moving down here. But when I had a hard time last week with the RA and having to drive 1 1/2 hours to the doctor when I could barely bend my joints....it was a wake up call that I need to get out of here. I have no one to depend on except me here. There's not a soul I would feel comfortable asking for help here nor would I get it. So, I am thinking the good Lord has shown me an "opportunity" that although is not my "dream house" in the country is probably better suited for me at my age and in my condition. There is so much going on in that town for a small town too.
They have a Senior Resource Center. They have volunteers that help the elderly in town if they need things done. You just sign up for it. They have dinners and potlucks and parades and farmer's markets and the most wonderful people you could ever imagine. Yep...I think it's time to head home!