Friday, May 8, 2015

What a week!

 My life runs on such an even keel that I am always surprised when things happen to me and they are small things.....minute and inconsequential but as I age it takes me longer to recover from them whether it be a cut or a bruise or just trying to tread water and maintain my lifestyle.  This week it was "critters" breaking my newly planted pots, the dryer broke and the bird feeding station fell to the ground.  There were some other pesky things that happened too but when I look at people who have serious illnesses or losses or pain.....I cannot complain.  It did, however, keep me off of my computer!
Spring has morphed into Summer overnight...when did this happen?  While I was sleeping I suppose.
It is officially Summer here as I made my first batch of sun tea....

The bearded iris are blooming..............
along with the coral bells........

the pansies are still going strong and there's a "volunteer" lettuce that must have reseeded from last year.....
 and a few other "newcomers" that I have no idea where they came from but they're all welcome!
 I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a few "extras" for Mother's Day............ the premier issue of Rodale's Organic Life magazine.........

 some crazy nail polish colors I have been attracted to for some strange reason...I have no nails to speak of..............but fun isn't limited to the young!  And look at all those fabulous colors I got for $5.00!  What should I try first?
and 2 clematis plants.....I want some colorful vines to cover up some eyesores....LOL!
I haven't planted them yet.........

 I did get my herbs planted and re-planted after the "critter attack"......

 and I got this huge hen and chicks pot full..........
I'll be sharing more tomorrow now that I have some of the major chores done for Spring.
Happy Trails!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! I made my first batch of sun tea for the summer yesterday! It must be summer. I hope your life resumes an even keel soon.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'll be fine but it was funny because after i trudged down to the basement to hang the clothes on a line I have strung down there...I couldn't for the life of me find my clothes pins so I had to just lay things over the line. Never a dull moment! Keeps my mind sharp, hopefully!

      Delete
  2. Lots of beauties blooming around you. We finally have blue skies again after days and days of haze and dust and clouds. Gets rather depressing after awhile. Of course, it is hot. Makes me want to stay inside when I really should be making time to walk. Those nail polishes are fun. Love the hens and chicks. Have a great weekend. Happy Mother's Day! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Mother's Day to you too! I haven't been walking either mostly because it has been raining and when it's not storming I'm out doing errands. Then it will turn hot and humid and I won't want to walk either. No wonder people get tread mills! LOL!

      Delete
  3. Summer is here too--79 degrees is forecasted for today! I am sorry about your poor pots-hopefully those critters will not return. You reminded me that I was planning on getting some hens and chicks this year! Have a wonderful Mother's Day...be sure to do something to pamper yourself!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Mother's Day to you also! You betcha I'll pamper myself! LOL! I'll be ordering some Zauerball crazy sock yarn and picking out some material to make some knot bags like yours! I need to stop by and see what you've been knitting and reading!

      Delete
  4. We are still in spring here. It could freeze in the next few days:( Your Iris is beautiful! If it ain't one thing it is another...hope you have a quite weekend! Happy Mothers Day! I started on my Join as you go granny square blocks...two sizes cause some of my balls of yarn are tiny...the left overs from the tiny balls are going outside for the birds as nesting material.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Pictures....I must see them. We could have a CAL (crochet along) as I need to utilize that yarn I bought. I wish you a Happy Mother's Day too and I am coming over right now! LOL!

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry you've had things to deal with. But you are surrounded by beautiful nature and good score on that fun nail polish. I say the pink with the sparkles in the top row or the red in the bottom row with the sparkles near it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!