Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A little walk down Memory Lane...........

Many of the people who were the dearest to me are now gone but not the wonderful memories they gave me......this is a little post to honor them at this time of year........if you can hear me.....thank you all....I will always love you.............
My Mother is in the middle row 3rd from the left......my Aunt Alice is the first one on the left in the top row......... this was their graduation picture from High School 1933
 Below is my Aunt Alice and Uncle Ben who had this little restaurant called The Coffee Cup.......they lived upstairs and they owned the building and lived there all their life. 
 Below are my Uncle Homer and Aunt Bernice who I spent every summer with until I went to college.  My Uncle Homer was famous for his homemade bologna and rightly so!  They owned the meat market and grocery store in town.
 My Uncle Buck  is the tallest one in the picture below.  He had his own gas station and also drove a school bus for years.  He was a bachelor until he was 60 years old.....I still can't get over that one. 
 The man on the left is my Uncle Chuck with his business partner Mr. McCormick...they had the insurance business in town.
 I had the gentlest and kindest relatives and I learned so much from them.....the best role models a child could have.
Below are the only ones left alive today....me with the eyes looking up (probably in trouble for something lol!).  My cousin Allen is in the middle and my cousin Ellen Kay is on the right.  We have no idea where the "Creepy Santa Claus" came from but we're all glad he's not around anymore!
 And my wonderful hometown that I miss so much especially at this time of year.........



I better stop now or I'll be shedding tears all night..........Merry Christmas everyone!
Happy Trails too............

10 comments:

  1. Traveling down memory lane is always a double edged sword. Happiness for all the fond memories and sadness that all of it is a memory. I'm wishing you a Merry Christmas and a bountiful New Year.
    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos and stories, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful photos and memories. And they were all very successful with businesses and good jobs. It sure brings back memories for me, growing up in a small town where I knew everyone. I'm thinking a lot about family this week, too. Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finished my comment and had a comment from you. We must have been visiting at the same time...I love when that happens! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful memories. How blessed you are to have these memories. Thank you for sharing them all with us. I love looking at photos of my parents and grandparents. My Mom passed when I was only 29 and I still miss her every day.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed all your old photos! You come from a very talented group of people! Don't be sad, be happy that they were a part of your life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a very sweet and touching tribute to your dear relatives, Sam. I loved reading it and seeing the wonderful photos, they look like such lovely, gentle people. I am fascinated by life in America, and loved seeing the places where your relatives lived and worked. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Sending love.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the photos and the story. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful post!
    I just love all the pictures that you've added.
    I wish I had known some of your relatives. Esp. the one's with the grocery store.. how neat!

    Memory lane... the older we get, the longer it gets.
    I know that I have thought a lot about those that are no longer with us, especially for this Christmas. Also, a sweet friend is battling cancer, and may only make it this last Christmas.

    Thanks for sharing your sweet memories, and photos with us.

    Merry Christmas!
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You honor them well. These are lovely photos. Mahalo for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!