Saturday, November 22, 2014

FNSI....Friday Night Sew-In

Grab the Friday Night Sew In (FNSI) button 
I prepared so I would have a good meal to fuel my creative endeavors..........split pea and ham soup.......

 and homemade bread.........
which allowed me to get this done...........of course Grace just HAD to get in the picture!
Unlike some of you, I work on the Christmas gifts for others all week so on Friday nights I work on something for me.  My daughter did call though and we talked for quite a while so I didn't get as much done as I thought I would but I love talking to my daughter and you would too if you knew her! LOL!  
I am making little quilts.....above being the first from scratch,  I have the 5 main blocks done and now I will either cut 4 whole blocks to fit in the spaces or I will piece the blocks like I've already done except in the same color.  I'm utilizing scraps for this little quilt and I have plenty more where they came from.  These "little" quilts will be used as table mats, dresser scarves, chair adornments...you name it.....oh,  as artwork to hang on my walls too.  Yes, so FNSI is Fun night sew-in too!  I will be here every Friday night so stop by and bring your projects with you!  I can't wait to see what you've been working on!  Signups are here
Or if you just want to visit and see how others are spending their Friday nights.
Happy Trails!




8 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so glad you're into quilting again! Looking forward to seeing your finished small quilts.As usual I have several quilts on the go. The main one I'm working on is a paper pieced hexagon quilt. I like it because I can watch tv at the same time. Thanks for all your comments on my Brittany blog. I sent you a long email to thank you and to answer some of your questions...I'm wondering if you didn't receive it? Maybe it went into your spam box. I'll send it again just in case. That's so kind of you to say we have inspired you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pea and ham soup! Enjoy making your little quilts, a great idea. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dinner looks very yummy and your little blocks are very cute. Good luck on your quilting journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi ,love your little quilt and you were well prepared for the night.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely quilting project and I think pea and ham soup is my most favourite... I love to chat with my daughters on the phone too.. isn't it wonderful we have such lovely ones?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Hubby loves split pea and ham soup. What a perfect meal with the homemade bread. I'm glad you had a nice talk with your daughter, I just hung up the phone from a chat with our daughter. Beautiful quilt.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good, comforting soup. The bread looks tasty. And what a nice quiet. The size is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've popped over from FNSI and so glad I did! Your soup and bread look GOOD! Love your quilting project....and your helper!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!