Monday, April 28, 2014

Whoa Nellie!

 Yes, I'm still here....almost got blown away but it steered about an hour South.  These poor, poor people who have to deal with all the destruction and loss.  It was a tense day and night though.  The girls and I went to the basement several times.  The weather radio woke me in the  middle of the night.  I'm lucky I got down those stairs in my sleepy stupor but I am truly one of the lucky ones.
I've finished the cuff on the sock..now on to the heel flap!
  I have some truly gigantic news too...this is good news....I found an LYS, a local yarn shop!  I went to the library book sale (I'll blog about that another day) and 2 total strangers told me about a new yarn shop in Salem, the next town over where they have classes and get togethers and KALs and CALs and where the owner is really nice and knowledgable too.  So, off I went on down the road!
I spent the entire afternoon there chatting with a KAL group and joining in the fun with the project below.  I looked at yarns of all kinds and bought some wooden dpn's to replace the treacherous aluminum ones I had gotten at Walmart.....ahhhh.....love my wooden needles. 
I met so many lovely gals and even a little girl who knits and crochets and is just a little sweetie at 8 years old.  One of the grand daughters of a customer.  I'm already planning on going back Friday for movie night and snacks and we work on whatever we want.  I'll go Saturday too for the KAL.  The owner, Tammy is just a doll and so personable.  I hope to have pictures next time.  I am so excited to have my own LYS and a group of fiber fanatics like me to hang out with.
Now, I 'm off to get my jammies on and watch DWTS's (Dancing With The Stars) and catch up on some much needed sleep....nice sound sleep! Gosh, I hope I don't have nightmares about my weather radio going off!  Thank you for all your thoughts and wishes...it must have helped as I'm still here!

8 comments:

  1. Such a treasure when one finds an LYS! Happy days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you are safe and sound and found a local LYS to hang out with a group of like minded yarny folk for chats and crafty time. Sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are lucky. No local yarn shop here. I have to drive to Hobby Lobby or JoAnn's. And even then they don't have everything, or it's over priced. I would love to have a local yarn shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am so glad you are all ok - sounds like a scary time. Very exciting about the LYS - of course that could get expensive (I have no self control when it comes to YS!!) but excellent to be able to find new friends that enjoy the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm praying for everyone in that path of the storms. I have so much family in the South, too. How neat to find a nice shop nearby. I went to the library book sale last week....I didn't see you though! heehee! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy to hear you're okay! And how lovely to find a LYS, and to chat with other crafters! Have fun at the KAL, I'd love to hear about your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you are ok. Even happier that you found a wonderful LYS to call home. I too, watch DWTS and hate to say it, but, was really glad with who went home this week. The rest of the season should be really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You found some like minded friends good for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!