Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!!

It rained all Saturday night and Sunday morning and then in the afternoon it turned to snow!  It's 44 today and melting fast in the bright sunlight but I snapped a few "goodbye" pictures of Winter yesterday.


Sue, the "book fairy" stopped by Saturday and left me some treasures.......... 
I've been trying to eat a healthy breakfast and this is my latest.   This is really filling too.  Real Simple magazine (I googled "healthy breakfast") had quite a few simple, quick and healthy alternatives.   1 apple, 1/4 cup of walnuts and 1-2 ounces of cheddar cheese.
bread making day today...........

and I was going to make some banana pudding but it called for vanilla wafers and I didn't have any so I thought I would make my own and I did....easy and so much better than store bought.........
 I also put another coat of paint on the bathroom ceiling edge...just the area over the toilet and I dragged a shelf I had from the basement that I'm going to paint to hang over said toilet.......
It's either going to be pink or green but leaning towards the green.
I also have an old picnic bench to paint for outside but it will be painted "Buttermilk".

When it was nice outside last week I had sanded it and tightened the bolts on it so it's ready to paint now.
No St. Patrick Day festivities here except my corned beef and cabbage dinner...yum!

Happy Trails to you...........until we meet again




3 comments:

  1. That bread looks awesome! I bet you could open a bakery! I ripped apart an old project like that the other day..off it went to the dump. I felt much better:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you're still having snow, but lovely photos. Was the deer in your garden?
    Your breakfast looks healthy, and your bread looks very tasty,a s do the biscuits. If its that cold and snowy where you are then its perfect weather for baking - good, filling food and having the oven on gets the kitchen good and cosy!
    A green shelf sounds really nice and fresh for the bathroom, it will look great.
    The bench looks good, hopefully the weather will warm up soon so you can get on with that, and before you know it you'll be sitting on it admiring the spring flowers!
    Keep warm!
    Gill xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok woman.. you are making me tired! All the busy, good things that you've got going on there... crafting, painting, baking, cooking and reading.
    Now, I feel like a bump on a log... guess I'd better get off the computer and get busy!!

    Love visiting your blog, and you always inspire me, my friend.

    Have a happy day, and hoping for sunny and warmer weather for you.

    Smiles :)
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!