Friday, February 21, 2014

Favorite Friday.......or the Friday Finale

I say that because when I worked for a living, Friday was my favorite day!  It still seems to be although every day is special in its own way.  I've been watching the Olympics as much as possible.  How about you?  Did you watch the women's hockey game between the U.S. and Canada?  It was quite the game.  It was U.S. 2-0 for most of the game then Canada scored twice and it was 2-2 and then overtime where Canada scored and won 3-2.  What happened U.S. ? LOL!  Congratulations to all my Canadian friends.
I haven't been accomplishing much around here as I do love the olympics and watch them as much as possible.  Therefore, I am also staying up later at night and not reading as much as I normally would but I did manage to finish another book in the Canadian West series by Janet Oke...book #2 When Comes the Spring and now I'm reading book #3 When Breaks the Dawn




Oh gosh, I just thought of something!  You don't think I jinxed the U.S. Women's Hockey Team by reading Canadian books by a Canadian author during the Olympics, do you?  One can't be too careful when it comes to these things.

I did manage to finally get some supplies for The Preemie Project when I was at Wal-mart the other day.  I need to wash the material first but I can get started on the preemie hats.  They have patterns in 4 different sizes....small preemie 2 lbs, medium preemie 3-4 lbs., large preemie/small newborn 5-6 lbs and then newborn 7lbs +.

The hand print material is flannel for a sheet and the yellow is fleece material for a blanket.  I'm going to try and make one of each item they have listed on their group page in Ravelry.  Maybe eventually I'll make color coordinated sets.

Worked on another washcloth and it's already finished.

I started another one in crochet that I can work on while watching the games although they're almost over. 
The other night there were clouds rolling across the full moon and I just had to try and capture it as it was so beautiful.  As a photographer I did not do nature's beauty justice....but I tried.

Below are 2 pictures that to me look like a girl or woman holding a candle or light....a side view of her facing left.  But behind that and to the right it looked to me like a woman's lips and nostrils.


Maybe I'd just been staring up at the sky too long but I have always seen things in clouds and nature.  Regardless, it was a beautiful evening.
Happy Trails.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by and for commenting. Comments are "grist for the mill" and I appreciate each and every one of them!