I did manage to finish my I-cord for one chair pad and it measures 14" in diameter and I only used 2 skeins instead of 3 that the pattern required. Yay!!!! It needs to be sewed together using a whip stitch and it may be awhile before I do another one! Hard on the hands this was.
The categories I have come up with are the following:
1. Socks - I learned both MAgic Loop and DPNs last year and plan on doing LOTS of socks in different patterns. I have one pair to finish in my "learning DPN's" but after that I have several different patterns in the queue.
2. Pet items- I have a cat bed, dog bed and some toys for "the girls" to make and a sweater/coat for Annie who gets cold. Some will be for Christmas.
3. Hats, mittens, scarves for gifts and myself as I'm hoping to move where it's colder.
4. Pillowcases with crocheted edging. I'm just getting started on these but once I get the hang of it I am hoping to make more.
5. WIP's which you can view at the top where the label is YOP 2012 -2013 which I may change to YOP 1213 and YOP 1314 to save space.
6. Bee Blanket - A kit I ordered and then discovered it has cables and chart reading....there's some new skills to learn! Oh my!
7. Washcloths for sure....LOVE!!!!!
8. Toys - I've decided to go small this year too. I made a little chicken last year and it was fast and fun! I think I want to get Susan Anderson's Spud and Chloe book and maybe her Itty Bitty Toy book and if I get brave her new Inside Out toy book but we may be talking YOP1415 for that! LOL!
9. Rugs - I have one from last years list and I want more. I'm going to try knitted and crocheted and see what I prefer.
10. Purses and/or totes - Ruth made one not to long ago that I just adore so that one for sure is on the list.
11. Holidays and Gifts - I need to get this area planned out as it's time to start on those!
12. Household - items for me that I need here in the house...could be anything! LOL!
13. Miscellaneous - for everything else! LOL
Skills I want to learn this year:
1. How to read charts
2. Knit Cables
3. Crochet edgings
4. Toy making and maybe amiguri?
I also plan on including a "quick" recipe each week so we can have more time for stitching and also any "yarn" or craft related books that I have reviewed. I know...BIG plans.....we'll see how well it goes but actually last year I did lots more than I really thought I would considering my "learning curve". Thank you to all of you who inspired me and encouraged me every Sunday. I am so looking forward to this year although selling my house and moving may put a little hitch in my stitch but hopefully not much. I will have a page up top for the new YOP year. Now, to go back and catch up with all of you! (It will undoubtedly add to my list! LOL!)
P.S. As I refine my list I will add specific projects so you can hold me accountable! LOL!